Downtube Shifters & Brake Levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I'm looking for 8 speed downtube shifters, preferebaly 105 but not too bothered at this stage, and also drop brake levers to suit a late 80's/early 90's road bike, again 105 would be nice as well.

Let me know what you've got lying around please.

Cheers

Jon

I think I may have a set of 105 or ultegra aero brakes on an old bike of mine. I will have a look at the weekend if you are interested.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
I'm looking for 8 speed downtube shifters, preferebaly 105 but not too bothered at this stage, and also drop brake levers to suit a late 80's/early 90's road bike, again 105 would be nice as well.

Let me know what you've got lying around please.

Cheers

Jon
I'm just about to throw out my 1989 Galaxy frame , Dopeycow No1's insurance have finally paid up and I don't need to trip over it any more, (and they refuse to come and collect it) anything on there that you would want?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I think I may have a set of 105 or ultegra aero brakes on an old bike of mine. I will have a look at the weekend if you are interested.
I'm going to have a chat with Geoff Smith tomorrow. It's surprising what he has lying around in his shop, but if not I've got a couple of other irons in the fire, but I'd still be interested to hear what you've got, cheers.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I'm just about to throw out my 1989 Galaxy frame , Dopeycow No1's insurance have finally paid up and I don't need to trip over it any more, (and they refuse to come and collect it) anything on there that you would want?
Maybe, what brake levers and shifters has it got on it?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Out of interest, are the the shifters braze-on or band-on?
The shifters are currently early spec 105 STI ones, but downtube shifters would have to be the braze on type.

Little yellow Brompton

Out of interest, are the the shifters braze-on or band-on?
Brazed, from memory, you will have to excuse the vagueness , dopeycow no1 nearly killed me when I was riding it and I have tried hard not to look at it since. If anyone wants any bits or the frame itself squeek up or it's going out in the next few days.

My old bike does have braze on shifters but I think they are 7 speed as I remember not indexing and using them in friction mode because I had an 8 speed cassette, but I will check that as well.

HovR

Über Member
Brazed, from memory, you will have to excuse the vagueness , dopeycow no1 nearly killed me when I was riding it and I have tried hard not to look at it since. If anyone wants any bits or the frame itself squeek up or it's going out in the next few days.

Ok, thanks anyway. I'm looking for a pair of band-on shifters, so if they do turn out to be then please send me a message. :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
could be interested any chance of knowing what condition its in and is it salvagable or not !

Little yellow Brompton

could be interested any chance of knowing what condition its in and is it salvagable or not !
It's steel, so it's always salvagable , it depends on what cost. The paint is obviously badly damaged and dopeycow no1 managed to run over the whole bike so I have no idea how straight the frame is.

Top Bottom