'Drive Time' - rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Anyone else's teeth ground down to flats with annoyance and rage at hearing this phrase?
Classic FM and Radio 2 are the main culprits. I detest these stations.
Unfortunately they are almost always on in the background at work and so cannot be avoided.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't listen to those stations but it seems to be a fairly accurate shorthand for the period in which a lot of people drive and would benefit from traffic and travel updates.

It used to be "Rush Hour" which is perhaps is worse.

What alternative can it be called? Home time? Travel time?

I guess the radio stations are just catering for their main audience in that most people will be in their car listening at those times and if you are at home you have the rest of the day's programmes!

In defence of Radio 2, I dont think "Drive time" is ever mentioned in the morning by Wogan but not sure about the twat Evans as I cannot stand him and cant listen to his moronic prattle.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think most radio stations do this. I don't see a problem with it other than the fact that I'm rarely driving while listening to it.

Uncle Mort said:
I can handle it. As long as they don't play s****ing Baker Street again...or China In My Hand...;)

Sunday mornings are the same - anyone for the Commodores 'Easy Like Sunday Morning'? Must have taken a while to think up that bit of programming.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
I can handle it. As long as they don't play s****ing Baker Street again...

Cheers, you've reminded me of another song to look up the Uke chords for....;)

Top Bottom