'Dune' extended version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velorum

Any 'Dune' fans on here?

My daughter has just bought me the extended version - very hard to get a hold of - USA / region 1 DVD.

Although the voice over and sound track are truly awful the additional scenes are brilliant and really improve matters. I think that had David Lynch not turned his back on the whole affair then this 'directors cut' would have been truly outstanding. A missed opportunity really.

One of my favourire films.

dune1.jpg

dune2.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I only own 3 movies and Dune is one of them.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Been aaaaaaaaaaaaages since I saw one of the long versions (us tv series or whatever it was called and the 3hr editions and unabridged).

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
cheadle hulme said:
I've read about this on US forums. What's in the extra scenes? Its unclear from reading stuff - also what's wrong with the soundtrack?

Cheers

Wasn't restored. Early(ish) non-restored and shoddy print. It happened in those days.

OP
OP
V

Velorum

cheadle hulme said:
I've read about this on US forums. What's in the extra scenes? Its unclear from reading stuff - also what's wrong with the soundtrack?

Cheers

Some scenes are just longer and include more exposition. Others are ones not included at all in the original like the one with the infant sand worm or Gurney playing an electric stringed intstrument. In general the additional scenes make the film slightly less confusing......

The background music is awful IMO and detracts from the drama - the soundtrack to the original movie is outstanding.

threebikesmcginty said:
Police Academy 37

Bart Simpson does something (criminally) wrong

Homer "why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies? For fun?? Well, I didn't see anybody else laughing"

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
That was a film that looked like it was going to be good and then fell apart, not surprising given the book it was based on.

Top Bottom