E-bike cuts out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, no coconut for you! The battery sits very snug in it's housing & the contacts are good, after all it did over 1.000 miles with no trouble!
I turned off the cruise control & thought I had solved it..... But it still cuts out, but less. However, When I put pressure on the pedals to go uphill, it cut out immediately. There,s possibly a problem with the speed selector? The problem is; there's no good repair person in my small town! The one who did my spokes on another bike didn't do a good job, I had to redo them after less than a week!

Sorry - maybe I'm being thick
but what do you mean by cruise control ?
not come across this on an ebike

and if it made a bit of a difference it may be a clue

classic33

Leg End Member

The bike may be an ebike, not e-assist.
Having looked at a few from the same manufacturer, pedalling seems optional.

OP
OP
K

Kaienana

It's just like a car, set it at the speed & it holds there. It's not a twist throttle, but a little lever on the bars by the grip.

Dadam

Sounds more like a motorbike than a car.
Remains a throttle though.

It's not a throttle by definition as you cannot adjust the speed of the vehicle up and down. However I agree it probably doesn't satisfy the EPAC rules in the UK (the OP has not said where they are)

albion

Guru
I charged the battery, it still cuts out!! Anyone know which wire goes from the cadence to the controller?
It can be the spades and spade receptacle for the battery. Very slightly narrow them, or the one that has any sign of corrosive activity.

OP
OP
K

Kaienana

It seems that the control pad is not waterproof at all! I removed it & took it in to look at..... I knocked it & water kept coming out!!! Let's hope it works when dry... Then I'll have to find a way of waterproofing it!

Dadam

Put it in a sealed tub with a load of dry rice and leave it for a few days. That revived a cheapie cycle computer I had that turned out wasn't waterproof (enough).

Really not acceptable to sell any electronic gizmo for use on a bike in Britain that isn't 100% watertight.

Put it in a sealed tub with a load of dry rice and leave it for a few days. That revived a cheapie cycle computer I had that turned out wasn't waterproof (enough).

Really not acceptable to sell any electronic gizmo for use on a bike in Britain that isn't 100% watertight.

The problem with the rice thing is that it tends to generate a lot of dust in the jar
Better off just putting it on top of a radiator - insulated by a bit of cloth - and leave for a few days in the open air

Top Bottom