Ear Syringing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:
zim, weren't you able to feel/see the wax build-up in your ears?

I normally using cotton earbuds to clean out my ears after a shower, but I just wonder if that simply compacts in any wax as opposed to removing it.

Yes ear buds push the wax further in, the really compacted, hard nuggets of wax are right down in the ear canal, you can't see it just by looking in with your eye.

yenrod

I use a hair clip which is used for keeping hair in place usually by women who've lots of it.

You've got to be real gentle though otherwise its...

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

Pain.

For some insane reason i love taking the gunk out of my ears - one of the weird things i enjoy! :ohmy:

Maz

Guru
So how do you know if your ears need cleaning out? I sometimes hear an internal 'crackling' noise when I yawn, but that might just be the eustachian tubes (?) balancing out the air pressure.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Maz said:
So how do you know if your ears need cleaning out?

Well the clue for me is when I cannot hear anything out of that ear :ohmy:

Seriously though you get a sensation of fullness in the ear and along with the above is the indication.

Shaun

Founder
The tops of Bic pens are great for rummaging around in your ears, but as Yenners says, you've got to do it gently :ohmy:

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:
So how do you know if your ears need cleaning out? I sometimes hear an internal 'crackling' noise when I yawn, but that might just be the eustachian tubes (?) balancing out the air pressure.

You mean fallopian tubes Maz, if you hear crackling then you definitely need them cleaning. Just make an appointment with your GP and tell him or her that you would like to have your fallopian tubes deep cleansed.

bobg

Über Member
My old Mum used to say that the only thing you should ever put in your ears is your elbows....

yenrod said:
I use a hair clip which is used for keeping hair in place usually by women who've lots of it.

You've got to be real gentle though otherwise its...

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

Pain.

For some insane reason i love taking the gunk out of my ears - one of the weird things i enjoy! :ohmy:

domtyler said:
You mean fallopian tubes Maz, if you hear crackling then you definitely need them cleaning. Just make an appointment with your GP and tell him or her that you would like to have your fallopian tubes deep cleansed.

If I had wax in my fallopian tubes I would be worried!!! :ohmy:

Talking of syringes - I just opened this package 'ere...

jph0yu.jpg

...carry on waxing lyrical. :ohmy:

Fnaar said:
Black & Blue :smile: (I claim my £5 for translating your username)...
the olive oil remedy is one I've used several times... works better if the oil is warmed a bit, but clearly you don't want boiling oil in yer lughole, so you have to be really careful... :smile: You then spend an our or so with oil leaking out of your ear, but if you read a book or summat while this happens it's fine :smile:

Couldn't you stuff an olive or something in there Fnaar? You know - use of resources and all that..:smile:

:ohmy:

Wolf04

domtyler said:
Spooky! I actually had a very painful infection in my left ear all last week, yesterday it started to calm down a bit but was incredibly itchy. So I got my WaterPik which is a powerful water jet used instead of flossing your teeth and stuck that in my ear and let rip, the sink quickly filled with brown gunky crap! :sad:

Can't hear any better but my ear feels much better now! :smile:

So you ignored the instructions in large type saying do not use in ears!
:ohmy:;):smile:

Top Bottom