Ear Syringing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

I've just got my ears syringed and it's a wierd feeling!

Also I think I could hear a pin drop now. Everything is sooooo loud!

Anyone else had their ears syringed?

Brahan

Über Member
I had mine done years ago. The syringe she used was MASSIVE, like something out of the dark ages. The amount of wax that came out was amazing too.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

I didn't bother looking at the wax. I didn't want to make myself sick!

What's this about a massive syringe? Mine was electronic.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Had it done a few times and I love it. It used to be good with the big metal syringe and there was something curiously soothing about having a nurse in a plastic apron squirting warm water in your ears. Last time I went she used a machine, which pumps pulses of warm water - even better! It's always shocking to see what comes out though.

yello

Same here rr. I've had it done a couple of times and really enjoy the sensation.

The last time I had it done, I recall walking down the road after leaving the doctors and hearing my coat swish against my body as I walked... an incredible sound!

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Yep usually every 6 months. The water syringe I find is quite pleasant however the air one hurts like ****

Have you seen this ?
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMuOE28HjM
?
(WARNING DO NOT OPEN LINK IF EATING)

I just did!!!! :biggrin: And it looks remarkably like my porridge!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I bet you could do summat with a bicycle pump and one of those little metal thingies for pumping up a football...

radger

Veteran
Couple of times - once when I was a kid, and there was all sorts of rigmarole with warm oil for what seems like weeks beforehand; and once when I was doing dive training in Queensland and the centre's nurse just did it on the side of the pool with no preamble.

Last time I complained about being deaf to the doctor, I was packed off to an appointment at Guy's where I waited for four hours for my 9am appointment then gave up and went to work. All I wanted was them syringing again.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Can't burst my ear drums; I've been married 11 years so everything just goes in one ear and straight out the other.

Maz

Guru
radger said:
Last time I complained about being deaf to the doctor, I was packed off to an appointment at Guy's where I waited for four hours for my 9am appointment then gave up and went to work.
Maybe they called out your name at 9am but you never heard it.

Top Bottom