ebay bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheva

just picked up a carrera Vulcan for a touch over £20. Tide me over while my stolen bikes insurance claims are sorted.
Anyone else picked up a decent cheap bike from ebay?

I was watching this for a bit but as new they are £250 so seems at v.unrealistic price to me now as reserve still hasn't been met at £155. can't say the thought of riding s/hand bib shorts appeals very much either.

OP
OP
S

sheva

Piemaster said:
I was watching this for a bit but as new they are £250 so seems at v.unrealistic price to me now as reserve still hasn't been met at £155. can't say the thought of riding s/hand bib shorts appeals very much either.
I`m thinking of buying that (new) and keep the vulcan for bad weather rides.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I was looking for a cheap mountain bike on ebay, but they were too far away, or too expensive, or too small :blush: Went to Selby market a few weeks ago & got a Diamond Back rigid mtb for £16 ;)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Carlton £21
Benotto Modelo 800 £32
Vitus 979 (frame & forks, w BB & headset) £77

&, most recently, Koga Miyata (frame & forks, w BB, headset, brakes, gears, saddle) £77

gbb

Legendary Member
Just got a Raleigh Ascender gents mtb for £16.50 tonight.
Dont need it...just couldnt resist it :biggrin:
Time will tell if its any good...maybe ok for my son...maybe i'll flog it at work for £30...maybe i'll pootle on it.

Better go tell SWMBO...:sad::biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Brand new unused 160 litre copper HW cylinder for £100 for my solar project. Ultegra brakes in almost new condition for £32, won in the last 3 seconds. Many others I'm very happy about.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have been watching an item all week, and mine was the only bid up to last night. This morning I was out-bid, so I decided to increase my bid, only to find that alledgedly someone had outbid me "at exactly the same time". :tongue:

Ok, so ten minutes later, after some thought I tried again, only to be told the same thing. That is a bit too much of a coincidence. My initial bid was realistic, but going higher and higher like this was getting silly. Is the seller playing silly billies? and bidding against me himself?

There are other similar items available, so I will try them. The above scenario has happened once or twice before, and I smelled the distinct odour of something fishy.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, that is what I usually do, ask ebay to bid up to a set price, as you say, but why does it not tell me how high the other bid is?

If I am outbid at say, £7, and I then put in a bid of £9, I can see that a third person might bid at exactly the same time, but i thought I could see that besides me, there was only one other bidder.

Perhaps it is a quirk of the system. :tongue:

purpleR

Guru
Speicher said:
Yes, that is what I usually do, ask ebay to bid up to a set price, as you say, but why does it not tell me how high the other bid is?

If I am outbid at say, £7, and I then put in a bid of £9, I can see that a third person might bid at exactly the same time, but i thought I could see that besides me, there was only one other bidder.

Perhaps it is a quirk of the system. ;)

You cannot see other bidders' maximum bid because it wouldn't be fair: if you could see that their top bid is £9.50 but the current bid is (say) £5, then you could just bid £9.51 right before the auction ends.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
purpleR said:
You cannot see other bidders' maximum bid because it wouldn't be fair: if you could see that their top bid is £9.50 but the current bid is (say) £5, then you could just bid £9.51 right before the auction ends.

Yes, I see what you mean now. So no one was playing silly billies.

Come to think of it I got all three of my bikes on Ebay.

Road bike is a Felt F85 which are about £700 new - got it for £130
Also a nice little foder for last bit on way to work for £45
and an alloy frame mountan bike for pops with the family for £30

all good and happy with them

Top Bottom