Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Edinburgh - new women's cycling group: Belles on Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:rolleyes: I was waiting for a comment along these lines ...
Just get over it!

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Yes, it's linked - there are Belles on Bikes groups springing up all over Scotland at the moment. It somehow took off in Glasgow during the last couple of years, they now have 100s of members, many of whom wouldn't have got into a 'cycling habit' without some friendly encouragement and help from the Belles (take that, @User30090 :tongue:). It's not about excluding men, it's about creating a supportive environment for women to get started, and once they are off and have the confidence, nobody can stop them:highfive:.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Yes, it's linked - there are Belles on Bikes groups springing up all over Scotland at the moment. It somehow took off in Glasgow during the last couple of years, they now have 100s of members, many of whom wouldn't have got into a 'cycling habit' without some friendly encouragement and help from the Belles (take that, @User30090 :tongue:). It's not about excluding men, it's about creating a supportive environment for women to get started, and once they are off and have the confidence, nobody can stop them:highfive:.
This!

ScotiaLass

Guru
Welcome news @Telemark! Congratulations to @ScotiaLass as well for starting the Falkirk Belles! @User30090 you would not want to ride with us, we take it very leisurely. You are welcome though.
Thanks Pat, couldn't have done it without your encouragement!

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
A little birdie told me you are now doing 30+ mile rides, @ScotiaLass , and on the ROADS! :ohmy::wahhey:
Are you going across aqueducts yet? ;)
I take it that's it's you leading the Kelpies ride? Will see if I can make it ...

T

ScotiaLass

Guru
A little birdie told me you are now doing 30+ mile rides, @ScotiaLass , and on the ROADS! :ohmy::wahhey:
Are you going across aqueducts yet? ;)
I take it that's it's you leading the Kelpies ride? Will see if I can make it ...

T
Not on roads, no. But longest so far is 33.5. Aqueducts remain my nemesis but I will conquer them!
I'm guiding the ride but Suzanne is coming over to keep an eye on me :laugh:
Doing the Cycle Leaders course in Glasgow on 19th July.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not on roads, no. But longest so far is 33.5. Aqueducts remain my nemesis but I will conquer them!
I'm guiding the ride but Suzanne is coming over to keep an eye on me :laugh:
Doing the Cycle Leaders course in Glasgow on 19th July.
What Kelpies ride? When? Don't see it on the Belles Falkirk FB page!

Top Bottom