END OF SEASON LOOMING... What will you be doing???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aran20

As the end of the racing season looms, just thought I'd like to see what you'll all be up to over the colder winter months.

I'll be off the bike for a whole month after this weekend of racing, (Andover Wheelers weekend, 10m TT on Sat and a 25m TT on the Sun). I'm then off to Jamaica for a well deserved holiday for two weeks, (pile on a few pounds I expect).

I then start training for the Great South Run in Oct. I'm not a runner as such, so should take me out my comfort zone a bit and will be a fresh challenge.

After that it'll be back on the bike, piling in the miles for next years assault on the BBAR (Best British All Rounder) again. I'll be coupling my bike training with light weight circuits and sessions on my rowing machine. I bought a Cyclo X bike recently, so may have a crack at a couple of X-events. Come the end of December I'll be hoping to have at least cycled 3000miles, we'll see!!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm hoping to continue my 1100 miles per month to hit my yearly target of 12,000 miles.

Next year I want to take it a bit easier!

But I shall still be cycling every day, come rain or shine, come snow, ice, darkness, etc. Hurrah for three wheels. Perhaps I should invest in some better lights though!

Kirky

Intend to keep the milage up and keep my re-found enthusiasm due to now living in the Yorkshire Dales.

Also hope to keep the weight down and get a bit fitter in order to perform well in the early season hilly time trials!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
aran20 said:
I bought a Cyclo X bike recently, so may have a crack at a couple of X-events. Come the end of December I'll be hoping to have at least cycled 3000miles, we'll see!!

I did that this time last season. I've spent the whole of this season longing for autumn.

My plans are to do as many local 'cross events as I can get to and, now I've got a good lighting setup, get out and ride in the dark a bit more often.

Top Bottom