Epic cycle over two of the world's highest passes (video)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Misti

I wanted to share this super inspirational video of a friend of mine, Daniel, who cycled over two of the world's highest passes in India and Nepal for charity. Daniel is not an avid cyclist but he's stubborn and determined and has been running a charity in Nepal, that started out as a simple shelter for street children but now they run all sorts of programs- including cycling programs, hockey programs, schools, shelters, and even Nepal's only recycling plant. He did this EPIC ride with some friends- including a former Nepalese Migrant worker who literally learned to ride a bike FOR THAT RIDE. Imagine learning to ride a bicycle and you're first ride is a 6-day, high-altitude ride over the highest passes in the world? Anyway, they have some superior drone footage and gorgeous video and I just thought I'd share
smile.gif
You can see the short version of the film here:

View: https://vimeo.com/795400054/dc6b02f39c

I was fortunate enough to travel to Nepal with Himalayan Life for a charity motorcycle ride, and it is such a stunning country with some of the nicest people around. They run some programs where you can do a bicycle, motorcycle or trekking tour where all "profits" go back into the charity, and you get to visit the program locations and meet the kids they help. It's pretty inspiring.
smile.gif

Daniel will be doing a bike trip again in October this year, where he will cycle around the country delivering checks to each of his programs along the way! Enjoy the video!!

Attachments

• 20220912_ladakh__DSC2000.jpg
    20220912_ladakh__DSC2000.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 2

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Great video. Thanks for sharing

D

Deleted member 1258

Oops!
The embed code for this video is not valid.
I wanted to share this super inspirational video of a friend of mine, Daniel, who cycled over two of the world's highest passes in India and Nepal for charity. Daniel is not an avid cyclist but he's stubborn and determined and has been running a charity in Nepal, that started out as a simple shelter for street children but now they run all sorts of programs- including cycling programs, hockey programs, schools, shelters, and even Nepal's only recycling plant. He did this EPIC ride with some friends- including a former Nepalese Migrant worker who literally learned to ride a bike FOR THAT RIDE. Imagine learning to ride a bicycle and you're first ride is a 6-day, high-altitude ride over the highest passes in the world? Anyway, they have some superior drone footage and gorgeous video and I just thought I'd share
smile.gif
You can see the short version of the film here:

View: https://vimeo.com/795400054/dc6b02f39c

I was fortunate enough to travel to Nepal with Himalayan Life for a charity motorcycle ride, and it is such a stunning country with some of the nicest people around. They run some programs where you can do a bicycle, motorcycle or trekking tour where all "profits" go back into the charity, and you get to visit the program locations and meet the kids they help. It's pretty inspiring.
smile.gif

Daniel will be doing a bike trip again in October this year, where he will cycle around the country delivering checks to each of his programs along the way! Enjoy the video!!

The embedded video is giving an error message, "Oops! The embed code for this video is not valid", I followed the link and that one wants me to sign in.

Top Bottom