Eurovision ~ Malmö, 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
UK - Eurovision is too political.
Also UK - Gives Israel 12 points. :rolleyes:

Worth noting that was the public vote.

Our juries douze points went to Portugal. Which seemed a bit weird.

The official UK jury awarded Israel nil points.
You may know the jury members:

Louise
Kojo Samuel
Maia Beth
Rika
Adam Murray

The UK public voted by telephone to give Israel 12 points.
There may have been tactical voting but the actual song and performance was not too bad.
The UK public who opposed Israeli participation had a wide array of colourful rainbow performers to vote for but didn't.

AndyRM

XOXO
Has it finished yet?

Yes.

Yesterday.

It'll be on again next year.

Probably best to put your foot through the telly and send a bill to the EBU.

AndyRM

XOXO
Team Queerio did though!

I think quite a lot has been made of the controversies around the event, to its detriment.

I wonder if people have cared so much about Israel's inclusion before. It's not like they're new entrants and their current escapades while on a different level aren't new either.

It's not like their haven't been questionable contestants in the past either.

Without wanting to get too political I wonder if people actually know much about Eurovision.

presta

Guru
It was on when my video came to the end of a recording the other night, so I watched for a few minutes before switching over. I was left with the feeling that someone needs to take them all aside, performers, presenters, costume designers, cameramen, lighting engineers, set designers, the whole lot, and explain that less is sometimes more.

Have a listen to Tony Blackburn's announcement at the head of his show tonight. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

icowden

Veteran
The vocal performance was poor, and that should be a pre requisite.
Will a homoerotic performance win over the Eurovision crowds?
No, as it turns out. Just being gay and having musclemen in red codpieces isn't enough these days.

I wanted Thug Bambi to win. I thought their song was really interesting and creative.

For our entry it needed a lot less messing about with the set and more actual singing and performance. Also the song needed a better ending. It felt like half a song.

Top Bottom