Evans Ride It Scotland (Callander)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Really enjoyed today, good weather, good route, great scenery. All went smoothly for me except cramp for the last 10 miles or so but didn't affect me too much as I was able to spin instead of grind. Did virtually all of it solo passing some and other drafting instead of sharing the work but not bothered as I just stuck to my pace and if they got a wee bit help then all is good.
Also saw 'Team Lampre' along the top of Loch Katrine - couldn't remember who on here had said they were part of the group so didn't say anything. Did speak to someone wearing a Lampre top at the end but it turned out he wasn't part of the team!
How get everyone else get on? Hope you all enjoyed it and next week is the Kinross Sportive Recce ride for anyone to join in.

zizou

Veteran
Good day out. Really like the Dukes Pass as a climb, its not too steep and there are the level / downhill sections too for a bit of recovery. Then the long descent down to Aberfoyle which starts off gradual then goes to the hairpins was great Also really liked the section just before coming to Loch Katrine - the climb on the smooth surface then the descent, what a view!

The road by loch ard and chon was pretty bad in places and it was a similar story after the turn on the long route in quite a few places...it wasn't so much potholes just a really punishing road surface for long sections, really took the toll on the upper body and arms and hands.

Totally misjudged the choice of clothes due to the cold start. Merino baselayer, windstopper, undergloves + winter gloves, winter hat under the helmet. Ok for the start but after the 2nd time up the Dukes i was starting to feel uncomfortable. After about 70 miles was pretty hellish...i had so much salt residue on my clothes by the end :biggrin:

Totally misjudged the choice of clothes due to the cold start. Merino baselayer, windstopper, undergloves + winter gloves, winter hat under the helmet. Ok for the start but after the 2nd time up the Dukes i was starting to feel uncomfortable. After about 70 miles was pretty hellish...i had so much salt residue on my clothes by the end :biggrin:
I thought I was overdressed today on the club run!

Fran143

Über Member
Really enjoyed today, good weather, good route, great scenery. All went smoothly for me except cramp for the last 10 miles or so but didn't affect me too much as I was able to spin instead of grind. Did virtually all of it solo passing some and other drafting instead of sharing the work but not bothered as I just stuck to my pace and if they got a wee bit help then all is good.
Also saw 'Team Lampre' along the top of Loch Katrine - couldn't remember who on here had said they were part of the group so didn't say anything. Did speak to someone wearing a Lampre top at the end but it turned out he wasn't part of the team!
How get everyone else get on? Hope you all enjoyed it and next week is the Kinross Sportive Recce ride for anyone to join in.

It was a cracking day....was it yourself I spoke to sitting on the grass at the end re cramp?

zizou

Veteran
I thought I was overdressed today on the club run!

The worst part is that i changed out of my short sleeves / arm warmers combination in the car park before hand as i had felt too cold while walking in to the sign up. :blush:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
It was a cracking day....was it yourself I spoke to sitting on the grass at the end re cramp?
I was speaking to one of the Evans guys - young guy with short (gingerish?) hair - spoke about my bike, the route, the opening of the new store etc. Think there was a woman with her child there too but really can't remember. Don't think I spoke to any women other than at the start - sorry I can't really remember but my memory is terrible :wacko:

JiMBR

I was one of the Lampre crew (there were four of us in total).
I briefly chatted to the other dude in Lampre kit as well and probably seen you KF, but didn't know who you were.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I`ve just entered the 2013 sportive, needed something to keep me on the bike during the winter...going for the medium route, up the dukes pass twice sounds a sore one...would have went for the longer route bu i was worried my fitness during the winter wouldn`t be good enough..

only £15 entry fee plus if you book 4 weeks before the event you get a £10 high5 goody bag

Col5632

Guru
I`ve just entered the 2013 sportive, needed something to keep me on the bike during the winter...going for the medium route, up the dukes pass twice sounds a sore one...would have went for the longer route bu i was worried my fitness during the winter wouldn`t be good enough..

only £15 entry fee plus if you book 4 weeks before the event you get a £10 high5 goody bag

I had looked at doing that one last year but due to it being the same day as the Dunfermline sportive i couldnt do it :sad:

Top Bottom