even if you're a hardcore roadie you've just got to watch this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Downhill MTB vid

Don't get me wrong, I have no aspirations to ever ride like this, I value my wedding tackle far too much but the skill of these guys is just incredible :tongue:

Oh, and don't forget how everything looks at least 3 times smaller/less steep/slower than it is in real life when viewing..........

That was mightily impressive!

Bit like my ride to work through the forest (well, there's lots of trees! :tongue:).

Hate to think how many bones I'd have broken if I tried to do that. Looked great fun, though. :wacko:

yello

Oh my lord, that is seriously terrifying! Those jumps frighten the carp out of me, I'd be a broken mess if I attempted anything like that.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Saw that a few weeks back but without the crappy soundtrack. I think it is in France somewhere (well the camera man was speaking French) Almost tempted me to add a MTB to my stable :tongue:

Melvil

You know its a hard course when you're flinching whilst watching it! Fabulous...makes me want to head down to Glentress tommorrow!

mr Mag00

rising member
excellent!

Mr Pig

A couple of mates and I went to a trail centre thing this morning, nothing like that but tricky for us. I left the ground going over a hump/jump once, because I accidentally hit it too fast, gave me a fright and I made quite sure I didn't do it again! ;0)

Fly through the air? Naa, that's for daft kids who heal up faster than I would. Can you imagine how much it would hurt if you crash off one of those high ramps? Shudder :0(

dodgy

Seen that video before, but it's always worth watching again. These guys are very talented, I doubt if novice riders would attempt that course, there are some gaps in the north shore that have to be jumped :biggrin:

Having said all that, bet they don't ride to the top, poofs :angry:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
:biggrin: 'Watches it again' :sad:

I knew downhill MTB was gnarly, but that rocked. Like a few others on here I have nothing but respect for rubber people that can do that, but I missed the boat for that side of biking, and WOULD do myself some serious mischief if I tried it.

Respect though.:angry::smile:

Top Bottom