Exploring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Well, today I snuck out for a little pootle. Decided to go along all the "back roads" - basically all those little country side roads that are only wide enough for one car and are never sign posted (and usually are like rabbit warrens).

There has been one such road I've been dying to cycle up, but due to time constraints have never gone up it. Today I did. What a fab road. Quite steep in places, but the view was spectacular and the irony of it was that it spat me out behind where I work (bargain - a nice little commuting detour).

6olz79.jpg

I thought it deserved a photo or two. The above photo is of my bike (nice yes ;)) and the village where I live can be seen directly ahead.

2qi8wg0.jpg

I just like this photo with the view of the mountains in the distance.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
all that traffic, must be a hellish commute:biggrin:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Since I've figured out how to use tinypic, here are a few photos of the ride I did a week or so back. These are from Capel Curig. I regret not taking photos of this lake when it had partially frozen over this winter - it was spectacular.

257oz87.jpg

Another view;

25ix8p3.jpg

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
fossyant said:
Ohhh..nice - know that road......

I love it going from the Llanberis Pass towards Capel Curig. You can get a really good pace going and fly along. Got to be one of my favourite stretches of road.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Llanberis Pass is mine....sadistic or what....or flying at 60 mph into Betsw-y-Coed...

gbb

Legendary Member
Nice pics Plax ;):biggrin:

I like the rides that surprise you.
One of mine takes me through countryside (not that appealing unfortunately) to the now defunct Alconbury airbase (i used to see the Lockheed U-2 spyplanes flying in and out).....to the point...
Nearby, i used to pass a left hand turning i'd never gone down. Rode it one day, and ended up at RAF Molesworth, scene of the huge missile protests in the 80s.

It was in the news so much at the time...and i never knew it was so close :ohmy:

Mr Pig

fossyant said:
Fantastic.....

Isn't it just. Looks great Plax :0)

It's really fun finding nice things just around the corner. Not long ago i saw a loch that I'd never seen before, despite it being about two-miles from my back door!

Keith Oates

Janner
Nice photos Plax, I did a similar thing of ''following my nose' when I went out riding in South Wales a few years back and it was a very enjoyable experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom