Extreme disapointment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GilesM

Legendary Member
I'm at home today and waiting for two parcels, one from Chainreaction and one from Mojo (fox suspension people), the bell rung, opening the door like an excited child, and discovering the most prudish two teenagers ever to set foot on this planet, they wanted to talk to me about god, WHY:cursing:

jpembroke

Hmm, I feel your pain. I'm sat here waiting for the Empella Frogglegs for my 'cross bike to show up.

There's a knock at the door.....

It's the postman.....

with a parcel....

for my daughter's 1st birthday tomorrow.

Babies, eh?

got-to-get-fit

well you were doing nothing else whilst waiting for the parcels so you could have invited them in and made their day as fulfilling as yours. Especially if you asked them if they would like to join your satanist society and then bang on for 2 hours solid on the merits of embracing the dark lord. (the devil, not bonj)

I am Spartacus

Über Member
GilesM said:
I'm at home today and waiting for two parcels, one from Chainreaction and one from Mojo (fox suspension people), the bell rung, opening the door like an excited child, and discovering the most prudish two teenagers ever to set foot on this planet, they wanted to talk to me about god, WHY:cursing:

Ephesians 5:5

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
got-to-get-fit said:
well you were doing nothing else whilst waiting for the parcels so you could have invited them in and made their day as fulfilling as yours. Especially if you asked them if they would like to join your satanist society and then bang on for 2 hours solid on the merits of embracing the dark lord. (the devil, not bonj)

That would be good, especially if I asked them if they'd like tea and then come into living room with two cups full of scotch and a goat to sacrifice, and then apologised for being right out of tea. The only bad point is that they may believe me about my love of the devil and decide that saving my soul will be their main aim, never get rid of them then.

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
I am Spartacus said:
Ephesians 5:5

I had to google that, and this is what I found:

For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

I had a shower this morning, there are currrently no whores in the house, but does wanting something that shines from Chainreaction make me a covetous man, should I be worried.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
GilesM said:

Next time that happens, stand there and say nothing for a few seconds, just stare at them ... and I mean really bog 'em out with your best Texas Chainsaw Massacre stare ... then loudly announce, "I ... am a ... SATANIST! ... Would you like to see my knives?". Then back to the silent staring ... :angry:

jpembroke

RabbitFood said:
i have to get all my stuff sent to my work now then sneek it home and put it on the bike with out the missis knowing lol

An apprentice stealth upgrader. Well done mate.

I say apprentice stealth upgrader because you're not a fully qualified SU until you've got a frame in under the radar and built a new bike without mission control noticing.

Qualifications and accreditation as follows:

Level 1: small components (easily stowed in a bag)
Level 2: entire groupset (has to be brought in in one go otherwise counts towards level 1)
Level 3: wheels
Certified: Frame + forks
Fellow of the Royal Society of Stealth Upgraders: Entire bike

Wigsie

Nincompoop
jpembroke said:
An apprentice stealth upgrader. Well done mate.

I say apprentice stealth upgrader because you're not a fully qualified SU until you've got a frame in under the radar and built a new bike without mission control noticing.

Qualifications and accreditation as follows:

Level 1: small components (easily stowed in a bag)
Level 2: entire groupset (has to be brought in in one go otherwise counts towards level 1)
Level 3: wheels
Certified: Frame + forks
Fellow of the Royal Society of Stealth Upgraders: Entire bike

I am going for the ultimate in one go, Level 1 have done without even noticing, but currently collecting bike bits at work, aquiring a frame soon and will be building a bike at work to then magically take home one day! :angry::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
XmisterIS said:
Next time that happens, stand there and say nothing for a few seconds, just stare at them ... and I mean really bog 'em out with your best Texas Chainsaw Massacre stare ... then loudly announce, "I ... am a ... SATANIST! ... Would you like to see my knives?". Then back to the silent staring ... :angry:

It would be a quite funny little challenge to chat with your neighbours once you see the little pests approaching and see who can frighten them the most, I think your plan would work well, however you could also add "My favourite knives have names", and the stare is probably best with a hangover.

Arch

Married to Night Train
got-to-get-fit said:

Could have just bored them to death talking about suspension, I'd have thought....

OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Could have just bored them to death talking about suspension, I'd have thought....

That thought did cross my mind, perhaps I'll find out where they live, wait until they're having their tea and pop round for a chat about the best suspension settings for different types of riding.

ChrisKH

Guru
GilesM said:

Because God Loves You.

Top Bottom