F.A.C.T.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I remember reading a while ago how laws were originally written to protect the property and interests of the ruling classes rather than the individual, seems it's still the case here.

Mug a little old lady and a half decent social worker will get you a weeks safari.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is about theft, in this case he defrauded Universal Artists out of millions, just as if he had robbed their premises. Because UA are a large corporation perhaps some don't consider what he did was theft and think they are "fair game" but theft it was none the less.

stephec

Legendary Member
This is about theft, in this case he defrauded Universal Artists out of millions, just as if he had robbed their premises. Because UA are a large corporation perhaps some don't consider what he did was theft and think they are "fair game" but theft it was none the less.
This backs up my earlier post.

He's taken a lot of money without physically menacing anyone, but punch someone in the street and possibly mentally affect them for a long time afterwards and what would he have got then?

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
That`ll be at the showcase, just down the road from me.

If its anything like the last time I went then 700,000 people have half seen, half heard F&F6. The other half of what they see and hear will be the heads and voices of the next batch of Jeremy Kyle guests.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Only if all 700,000 people who downloaded it would have otherwise watched it in the cinema or bought the DVD. Which they wouldn't have.

Arguably it's not theft, it's copyright violation, but that's just semantics and really the same argument as VED not being road tax.

Top Bottom