Fallen to the Dark Side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds ideal for a wee thrash aboot Mugdock.^_^
Which incidently I will be doing very soon.
I did the Kilpatricks in May,up to Loch Humphrey and got every seasonal weather in 3 hours.
The climb was unbelievebly tough with just 10 gears,but what a day :thumbsup:
Going down was a hoot though !!!
The Boardy is a good solid bike and the bigger wheel will smooth out any bumps.
Although I tend to think they would be better on the wide open trail stuff,so you can get the speed benefits of the 29 wheel.
Enjoy it,but that should be no problem.
What kind of drivetrain is on it ?

Not been there,but enjoy yourself.Pollok Park that is.(never saw your last post)
Played cricket there many moons ago though.
And welcome to MTB'ing :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice gear ratio's and 29 wheels..should cope with just about everything ..

Deore's a very forgivable drivetrain,and yeah the ratio's seem pretty spot on.
A two times chainring might be the way to go for me,although my X9 set up copes pretty well with 1.
Worth considering though.

Jody

Stubborn git
Bought me my 1st Mountain Bike today 2015 Boardman Pro 29er. Can't wait to get out for a thrash on Saturday

Don't have much knowledge of Boardmans but from what I have seen online it looks like a nice bike. I had no idea there were options for cassettes that big and thought they were all expanders or really high end kit. 42 should get you up almost anything.

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
The dark side, know what you mean, I was 100% roadie then was introduced to Mtb this year, amazing love it and was like a big kid all over again, did Coed Brenin and Aragon both amazing...
I reckon its the only legitimate activity where a 50 yr old gnarly old punk can get to act like a hooligan (Off Road of course)

Top Bottom