Fantasy Cabinet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyingfox

Who would you have in yours?

Sir Alan Sugar - Prime Minister
Stephen Fry - Minister for Education
Joanna Lumley - Minister for Immigration
Carol Vorderman - Chancellor of the Exchequer

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
oh - I think you've got to restrict it to Cycle Chatters

Prime Minister - Flying Monkey
Minister of Culture - theClaude
Foreign Secretary - Aperitif (no private jet required!)
Chancellor of the Exchequer - srw
First Secretary of the Treasury with responsibility for cracking down on tax evasion - Adrian C
Minister for Transport - jonesy and dom1979 jobsharing
Minister of Sound - Zimzum42
Minister of Agriculture - Bonj (six years of working on a farm has left scars...)

TVC

I'd have Myleene Klass as Europe Minister it would drive Berlusconi and Sarkozy mental and a major diplomatic incident would be a certainty.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I know it's a game, but here's some serious suggestions for a really progressive cabinet...

PM: Caroline Lucas - former director of policy at Oxfam: young, female, Green Party leader and MEP
Exchequer: Vince Cable - simply the most knowledgable politician in this area
Environment: George Monbiot - committed, intelligent and a UN Global 500 winner (also knows the details of things like rural issues).
Energy (back to cabinet level): Jeremy Leggett - fromer Greenpeace scientist and now solar energy advocate and businessman
Justice: Shami Chakrabarti - Director of Liberty, lawyer
Home Office: Peter Tatchell - radical human rights activist, who is also charming and intelligent
Foreign Office: Susan George - author of 'A Fate Worse That Debt', Fellow of the Transnational Insitute and global anti-poverty and justice campaigner.
Defence: Paddy Ashdown - has enough respect from the forces whilst also being committed to the defence of human rights and liberties.
Trade and Industry: Simon Zadek - former fellow of the New Economics Foundation and now advocate of corporate social and environmental responsibility.
Culture: Benjamin Zephaniah - a brilliant poet and communicator.
Transport: Meyer Hillmann - green transport guru
Science and Technology (should be back to cabinet level): but not sure who...
Education: don't really know...

PS: Alan Sugar shouldn't be allowed to manage his own wardrobe, let alone a country... :biggrin:
PPS: shouldn't this be in politics and life.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Flying_Monkey said:
Culture: Benjamin Zephaniah - a brilliant poet and communicator.

Has he turned down the position of Poet Laureate in perpetuum? No disrespect to Carol Ann Duffy, but if not it was a missed opportunity. Again.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Alan H said:
Has he turned down the position of Poet Laureate in perpetuum? No disrespect to Carol Ann Duffy, but if not it was a missed opportunity. Again.

I think he probably has ruled himself out. He'd be much better in the cabinet!

I'm happy to be in the drinks cabinet.

Formidable list there FM - of which I have little knowledge. I will endeavour to get up to speed, particularly given that dell's 'Cabinet of Wisdom' includes you as PM.
Holy s***! - the ministers better do their homes up work.

I'm off to study some Afro-American Music @ Waterstones :biggrin: + a bit of Nero - fiddling me out of 1.65 while my mouth burns....

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
dellzeqq said:
oh - I think you've got to restrict it to Cycle Chatters

Prime Minister - Flying Monkey
Minister of Culture - theClaude
Foreign Secretary - Aperitif (no private jet required!)
Chancellor of the Exchequer - srw
First Secretary of the Treasury with responsibility for cracking down on tax evasion - Adrian C
Minister for Transport - jonesy and dom1979 jobsharing
Minister of Sound - Zimzum42
Minister of Agriculture - Bonj (six years of working on a farm has left scars...)

i ain't gonna work, on bonj's farm no more…

Top Bottom