FAO BigonaBianchi and other guitarists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Desert Orchid

I know that you rate the line 6 Pods,
my budget runs up to the floor pod plus but what I really need is to play an mp3 player through it for practice.
the pod 2.0 doesn't seem to have an mp3 input, but the floor pods and the pocket pod do, so should I save the money and go for the pocket pod?
at my level I just need preset sounds to play along with tunes.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
if you have a mac, you can use garageband; plug your guitar into the mac's line input, import a track from itunes and play over it, recording if you wish, with a great array of guitar effects (customizable) to choose from.

mikeitup

Veteran
Desert Orchid said:
I know that you rate the line 6 Pods,
my budget runs up to the floor pod plus but what I really need is to play an mp3 player through it for practice.
the pod 2.0 doesn't seem to have an mp3 input, but the floor pods and the pocket pod do, so should I save the money and go for the pocket pod?
at my level I just need preset sounds to play along with tunes.

I recorded a demo using a POD 2.0. They still sound good>

If it's for home practice/jamming/recording have a look at this:

http://www.voxamps.com/jamvox/

only £149 (u might get it cheaper) u can use it with mp3's and cd audio tracks too (it removes the guitar parts so you can jam/play along to your favourite songs and record stuff too. has loads of amps/effects/pedals etc etc etc. worth a look

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I have to say that I am not familier with all th ePOD range...I know the pocket pod has what you need though. As far as playing over mp3's/backing tracks are concerned ..if this were me...I might look at getting the pocket pod for when I am away from a PC...but for the most part I'd be more inclined to get the pod and a decent sound card and download a good cheap recording platform...that way I can use my PC to play along to backing tracks AND mix my playing into them..and/or create my own backing tracks. So jus timagine taking your fav song into th epc as an mp3...you learn the parts as you play along to them...them you record your own parts...using the origional as a guide...

...there are lot's of possibilties...

I'd install 'Reaper' software

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/download.php

which is not free but is dirt cheap..pennies...and will allow you to import mp3/wavs etc and jam along and mix your own stuff...using a pod or a mic's amp...or a midi synth...you can get free drum loops to work with as well...

That way you have a portable pod for when you travel...a fully cool recording rig all for peanuts...all you need is a sound card on your PC with proper jack/xlr midi in/out/thru...(I use a Tascam US 122 which just plugs into my USB port).

If you want some free backing tracks to jam along with there are many online but I like this site:
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/pink_floyd/comfortably_numb.htm

Radius

SHREDDER
Reaper is absolutely ace, and it is free if you don't use it commerically. PODs are great, don't know much about the pocket versions, but I know many who swear by the 'normals'. Also if you have the budget look at the Vox ToneLab, that's got some nice sounds too. ;)

BigonaBianchi

..if you want to hear a basic pod origional listen to the second and third tracks on my stream in the link below...the first song is a valve pre amp direct into a desk...the next three are PODs direct into the desk. The guitar track on my Deep purple track below was also just the most basic pod...not even pod 2.0..just the first obe they ever made.

OP
OP
Desert Orchid

Desert Orchid

thanks for all the replies,

all the musos must post when everybody has gone to bed :biggrin:
my playing is away from the pc or the pod 2.0 would be the choice,
I was looking at the Peavey vypyr modelling amp but the pod looks a
better / cheaper option
will have another look at the floor pod and see if it is worth over 2 x the price of the pocket.

BigonaBianchi

...Musos are up late...'cos recording studios are in fact Tardis's...you walk in, blink and 48 hours have passed in a single second...the world has aged 48 hours to my one second...pretty neat really.:biggrin:

Top Bottom