Favourite Racers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Alf Engers, Tom Simpson, Barry Hoban, Felice Gimondi, Roger De Vlaeminck, Eddy Merckx, Robert Millar, Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche, Nicole Cook, Cav, Wiggo.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Present: Geraint Thomas, Fabian Cancellara, Adam Hansen, Alex Dowsett, Marianne Vos
Past: Emma Pooley, Jacky Durand, Jan Ullrich, Laurent Jalabert, Carlos Sastre

KneesUp

Guru
The first Tour I watched was won by <----- that guy. ) so I've always admired him, although LeMond and Stephen Roche also made the first few Tours I watched exciting, so that would be my top 3.

I don't suppose I'll ever forget the "It looks like Roche! It is! It's Stephen Roche!" commentary :smile:

GilesM

Legendary Member
Hinault at the top of the list, the man was brilliant, GT and Classic winner, not many manage that, but what most people forget about him is the way he helped move cycling equipment forward, it was when he was riding for Look that a few new things appeared, most significantly, the clipless pedals, the hidden brake cables, and low profile bars, considering how stuck in tradittion most French cycling is, this progress was quite amazing.

Also the two super stars from the Ti Raleigh squad Gerrie Knetterman and Jan Raas.

In the modern era, Wiggins, his 2012 season up to the Olympic TT win was incredible, Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine, and the Tour, it was an incredible season, no wonder he seemed to switch off a bit after that.

And to ignore Cav seems wrong, he is so special, so many times he was almost the guaranteed winner, and for the 2011 worlds he has to be classed as one of the best ever, when would you get a full national team working so hard for one rider, who then delivers like it was just the normal thing to do, amazing.

Top Bottom