fed up with the forums 'over there' ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

I haven't posted on the BR forum in months . Just logged in and tried to open the 'Road' forum page and after waiting 25 seconds with no movement I gave up as usual.:smile:

Am I the only one who is fed up with the stupid flash animation adverts on BR that are choking the site ? I cannot see the point in alienating forum members when the whole object of the animation is to attract members into buying their stuff.

This has been going on for nearly a year now and despite numerous pleas by members the problem still isn't resolved. There doesn't even appear to be anyone who can explain why the site is so slow :rolleyes:
I may be cynical but it seems to me that this form of marketing is counter-intuitive

Just had another go and someone has posted 3x identical adverts for a chainset ...obviously a problem with page refreshing rates

thomas

the tank engine
Loading fine for me....Maybe you need a faster broadband connection to get with the times?

OP
OP
P

peanut

thomas said:
Loading fine for me....Maybe you need a faster broadband connection to get with the times?
broadband connection speed ? mine is plenty fast enough.

If I have 10 sites tabbed to my browser (FF ) and BC is the only site that I have any problem with ...what does that tell you ?

OP
OP
P

peanut

djb1971 said:
working fine for me too.

use firefox and install adblock plus, it's all free and removes the ads.

I use firefox and it is not just to do with adverts is it ???

If it was I would have the same problem with this site and every other site on the internet.

BR is the only site I have visited this year that I have a problem with.

It may be to do with firefox or maybe java or maybe Winxp service packs or a whole load of other things who knows ? what it definitely is nothing to do with whatsoever is my broadband connection speed is it or I would have the same problem with other sites .

unless you know something about website construction I don't think your guesswork is going to contribute anything constructive really;)

djb1971

Legendary Member
peanut said:
I use firefox and it is not just to do with adverts is it ???

peanut said:
Am I the only one who is fed up with the stupid flash animation adverts on BR that are choking the site ?
You stated in your first post you were fed up with the ads.

Hence my ( & Joes ) useless contribution to you . I hope you manage to find out the problem on your own

Top Bottom