Feeling railroaded by giving a colleague a lift into work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sure if you knew Pat, you would realise it was purely for humours purposes, as she is nice.......mostly. :laugh:

Of that I have no doubt it's just that I was a bit put out as l the two people who snipped the same small bit made me think I'd posted a slightly prejudiced comment. On looking back I think it wasn't the best worded but wasn't and I thought my sentiment was clearly not prejudiced except against ignorance of those who excluded the OP on the drive. I think I took it personally. Sorry! I think I was a bit stressed and reacted.

Aye, foreign sense of humor ... a bit ironic we are us furreigners :laugh:
Sorry @Time Waster, I didn't mean to upset you.

No I think I was a bit stressed and sensitive about it. No need to apologise.

Foreigner? Where from if you don't mind me asking? I'm from nowhere other than England in that I have moved around and never felt settled, except at a push I might have connection to Lancashire as I've lived mostly Lancashire in q few places. Foreign grandad too makes be 1/4 American, as I was proud to say after I learnt what fractions were! 🙂

potsy

Rambler
I had a colleague once who used to get a lift from another work mate.
Turned out he didn't drive and had worked there for years and always relied on getting lift, this was a 20 mile round trip.

He found out that I lived nearby so I became his plan B.
Only asked me a few times before I put a stop to it, wasn't the same having somebody else in the car and not being able to do adhoc trips either to or from work.

Not long after I started cycling to work anyway.

Glad you've managed to get out of it now, don't be worried about letting anyone down, it's on them to make arrangements for commuting not you.

Top Bottom