FFS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
I am insured with John Lewis and there are no specific lock requirements just need to have the bike locked

lane

Veteran
I have previous knowledge of bikes recovered by police when spotted for sale on eBay but police did not prosecute.

GuyBoden

Guru
You have my sympathy, it's a terrible feeling when your bike gets stolen, I still occasionally look for my Ron Spencer bike that was stolen in the early 1990's.
So many memories of rides are attached to a bike.

(My bike was dark blue, but it was similar to this bike.)
7549981_orig.jpg

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
The desk sergeant ( or whatever they’re called now ) gave me a card with a website on it, which is at home at the moment. If you supply the site with frame numbers, of stolen bikes, they have a database where all places like Cash Converters et al check before they take a bike in. Anyone can check the database before they buy a bike second hand as well.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The desk sergeant ( or whatever they’re called now ) gave me a card with a website on it, which is at home at the moment. If you supply the site with frame numbers, of stolen bikes, they have a database where all places like Cash Converters et al check before they take a bike in. Anyone can check the database before they buy a bike second hand as well.
Right, well I had better check for my frame number then - #4867715.

It's probably a bit late though, given that the bike was stolen in 1969! :laugh:

PS How come I can remember a useless number from 49 years ago but I forget things that I read 10 minutes ago?

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
We have a no claims in ours with them, if you claim would you lose that and have to pay an excess!
The excess is 100 quid, the no claims is protected.

Gary E

Veteran
If the scumbag saw you chase him there's every chance he's decided to move it on by now :sad:

That said, I hope he's stupid enough to think he's safe and that next time you see him he's not so lucky!

Lonestar

Veteran
You have my sympathy, it's a terrible feeling when your bike gets stolen, I still occasionally look for my Ron Spencer bike that was stolen in the early 1990's.
So many memories of rides are attached to a bike.

(My bike was dark blue, but it was similar to this bike.)

I get that...My Sun Solo was stolen from Tottenham in Aug 1988...I had cycled round Scotchland on it from Aberdeen to York via Braemer and Perth in July 1986.
I still think about it.

That'll learn me for using cable locks.

Top Bottom