First Signs of Spring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If, we get a long spell of sub zero temperatures, would this probably kill off the plants and animals who have been fooled into thinking that spring has arrived?
I made that mistake once after a cycling holiday on the Costa Blanca in the first 2 weeks of March. I cycled in shorts for the whole holiday in temperatures of 15-25 C - hooray, spring had finally arrived! :smile:

As the plane back descended to Manchester airport though, I could see evil freezing fog swirling about in the gloom, and the distant Pennine hills covered in snow... :sad:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I made that mistake once after a cycling holiday on the Costa Blanca in the first 2 weeks of March. I cycled in shorts for the whole holiday in temperatures of 15-25 C - hooray, spring had finally arrived! :smile:

As the plane back descended to Manchester airport though, I could see evil freezing fog swirling about in the gloom, and the distant Pennine hills covered in snow... :sad:

This is why I don't do 'foreign holidays' anymore. When flying back from Portugal after quite a few visits, you fly over the Bay of Biscay then as you head further up France the clouds appear, then when you reach the south coast of England the gloom appears, then when nearing Manchester it's totally depressing!! Ok, most holidays were taken in the Autumn, but I've flown back from a 'hot' climate to Manchester in July and it's been grey and miserable.:unsure:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
IMG_4441.jpeg

Dwarf daffodils in bloom on my parkrun this morning

Gillstay

Über Member
Grouse chicks out on the high Pennines.

Top Bottom