First Time on the Track and Track Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aces_up1504

Tonight will be my 1st time on a track and a track bike, Any tips?

When i went down last week I was amazed how banked the sides are

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Listen to the coach and do as you are told.

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Was great fun, thankfully kept pedalling but does take some getting used to. No where near quick enough or fit enough to deal with the quicker guys, but was good doing the drills

Old Tom

First time tomorrow. Urban commuter and occasional leisure rider for many years but really looking forward to this, though slightly nervous. Fixed wheel and the pedal/shoe combo are going to be new to me and having stood at the top of the banking a few times when I've been there to watch events I'm not sure how good my head for heights is going to be :unsure: Still, when I go back for one of the Revolution meets this autumn I'll (hopefully) be able to bore Mrs Old Tom with my tales of how 'Yeah, I've done that...' :smile:

Old Tom

Cheers Noodley. Found it much easier than I thought I would, the bloke taking the session was spot on (not overly friendly, not overly officicious and I think he put all of us newbies at ease) and I absolutely loved it. Didn't want to get off the track at the end of the hour. I will be going back :thumbsup:

oldroadman

Veteran
Cheers Noodley. Found it much easier than I thought I would, the bloke taking the session was spot on (not overly friendly, not overly officicious and I think he put all of us newbies at ease) and I absolutely loved it. Didn't want to get off the track at the end of the hour. I will be going back :thumbsup:

The coaches at Manchester are really good at inspiring confidence, your reaction is typical. ANother new recruit for one of the winter track leagues on the way. Enjoy....!

Top Bottom