First touring bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J-Lo

Got my first touring bike today - an Edinburgh Revolution Traveller 2011...

It looks like a great bike but pity the front deraileur was knackered when I got it! So im either sending it back and getting an exchange (the same bike hopefully) or taking it to the LBS to get it re-aligned (ive been told LBS's can do that for as little as £20) which im happy to pay for!

corshamjim

Assuming it's not actually damaged I would simply get the derailleur adjusted locally too - far less hassle and expense than sending it back, and I doubt EBC make a huge mark up on their bikes.

Do report back on how it rides (very well if all the comment here and in the press is anything to go by). :smile:

OP
OP
J

J-Lo

Assuming it's not actually damaged I would simply get the derailleur adjusted locally too - far less hassle and expense than sending it back, and I doubt EBC make a huge mark up on their bikes.

Do report back on how it rides (very well if all the comment here and in the press is anything to go by). :smile:

Yeah thats what I thought exactly - will save alot of time & hassle!

Will report back :smile:

You don't know how frustrating it is having a beautiful bike in front of you on a sunny day and not being able to ride it for another week... lol

OP
OP
J

J-Lo

There are also 2 minor scratches on the bike so I have decided to send it back and get a replacement. Turns out that EBC are very helpful!! Got a reply to my email in record time which is very reassuring..

'We are very sorry to hear that your mech has snapped off your bike and caused damage to your frame. It sounds like this may have taken a knock in transit which may have bent the gear hanger.

We will be happy to swap this unit however if it would be more convenient we would also be happy to send a replacement gear hanger to you. We would be happy for this to be taken to a local bike shop to be fitted which we would reimburse the cost of. Also if you were to go with this option we would be happy to send you some gift vouchers as the bike has been scratched if you are able to send us some photographs of the damage.

If you would prefer to have the bike swapped please can you confirm that you still have the box which the bike came in to repackage this for collection and we can give you a call to arrange a suitable date for collection. Please let us know how you would like us to proceed and we will do our best to resolve this matter for you as quickly as possible.

Please accept our apologies again for an inconvenience which this may have caused.'

Brilliant!

Top Bottom