FNRttC FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Can I have a go, mate?

Sign me up, please. I think I just about still remember how to cycle

ChrisKH said:
Sorry I couldn't join you lot for the ride home. I would have preferred the wind and dust to being shown round my son's senior school of choice on Saturday. No sleep and a 45 minute presentation by the Headmistress in a warm school hall with 200 others is not a recipe for success.

Nice 'n dozy Chris? Attack of the 'noddies'? :smile:

Davywalnuts said:
Yes Oralsopp, there will be costumes and I will be dressing up, albeit not for this ride however, so I will have to get in now to say I cant make this, sorry! But I am sure it will be a great one again!

The obliatory haloween parties that time of year were booked up a month ago. Last year I went as a Cave Man to one, this year, theres talk of a schoolgirl outfit! Well, anything to wear a wig and get my legs out! :smile:

'Dressing up' - nice excuse Davy! :biggrin: (Why did you post a photo of you at work anyway?)

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Aha, that gives me nearly four weeks to fabricate a camera mount that won't fall off my bike the minute I prop it against a hedge while I go and have a cheeky wee. I'm in.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Arthur said:
Aha, that gives me nearly four weeks to fabricate a camera mount that won't fall off my bike the minute I prop it against a hedge while I go and have a cheeky wee. I'm in.

Every month I promise myself a gorilla pod. Then I forget about it until a week to go. Then I bail on fear of delayed delivery. Come the night, I invariably use electricians tape to hold the bugg3r in place. Seems to work.

Maybe this month.... :becool:

Tried a head mount out on the ride before this one. Electrical tape to the bash-hat. Lots of wind resistance, and wobbly as all hell. Cam was firmly fixed. Think its my neck that needs work. :wacko:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
arallsopp said:
Every month I promise myself a gorilla pod. Then I forget about it until a week to go. Then I bail on fear of delayed delivery. Come the night, I invariably use electricians tape to hold the bugg3r in place. Seems to work.

Tried a head mount out on the ride before this one. Electrical tape to the bash-hat. Lots of wind resistance, and wobbly as all hell. Cam was firmly fixed. Think its my neck that needs work. :wacko:

Arallsopp - I have one of these - if you need it next time and I'm definitely on the ride let me know; that is if you haven't got your act together and brought one...!!! Better than the potential risk of a shattering headcam as you zip past cyclists pedalling in that 'relaxed' way- still making me laugh!

Arthur

arallsopp said:

Thanks for the GorillaPod tip - I've ordered one from Amazon - £12 for the compact camera size, plus it's my bike colour-coordinated in yellow and black.

Arthur

Aperitif said:
Looks like a 'penny farthing' in your avatar...In best Tommy Steele habit, I was expecting 'Arthur sixpence' :biggrin:

I don't get these out for just anybody, you know

3984665725_65ff5de0ed_o.gif

3984665725_4004859ddf.jpg

:biggrin: Memory Lane moment bubbled to the surface Arthur...I used to love the amusement where one 'bet' on which horse would land on your patch...sort of circular Escalado I suppose. Flashing lights galore, and the payout was in those lovely chunky coins. Hmmm...somewhere I have a photo which I took of said amusement - circa 1974 - Palace Pier I think. (See what you have done now?!:smile:)

Tim Hall

'teef, if you were getting paid out in joeys in 1974, you woz robbed. Decimalisation was in 1971.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. FNRttC on the Friday, followed by chasing the old cars on the Sunday. In the words of Sgt. Wilson: "Do you think that's wise?"

(Answer, probably not. So let's do it)

Sorry - and well spotted Tim. When I was a wee lad I was paid out in 3ds...I know I have a photo of the machine dated 1974 +/- because that's when I spent some Wednesdays in Brighton, taking photos. :biggrin:

Probably a good idea of yours to cycle Tim. Might as well start at 00:00 and stop on Sunday afternoon...a similar fiesta like the last Whitstable wipeout should ensure a return to Hyde Park Corner by 06.00 - ish on Sunday morn :smile: :girl:

Veering back off course yet again, quite by accident I came upon a few of my old B+W prints from the dim days of permadrunk er art student.

Although I was more interested in the hands, I think it is easy to make out the horse gaming machine that I remember paying out in threepenny bits (All your fault Arthur ;) )

2u9oln4.jpg

One of the gents has won on 'My Baby'? 'Psibium'?(Can't get a decent outline of this one) is unlucky, as is 'Nickel Coin'.

Another one depicts a poster which gives the game away as being 1975...

33df91c.jpg

Ah! Regression therapy? Crack? - what's next?! :laugh:

Top Bottom