England : London FNRttC - a short filmy thingy......

Should there be more shots of yellow tights in this film?

• It's about right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The music is the good bit, many of the words are stolen unashamedly from Dellzeqq's piece on the home page and the worst part is my responsibility, the pix. A bit of whimsy but I think this sort of thing has legs, I'm not sure how it can best be used, though.
Thoughts?

(with apologies to those who have already seen it on the Felpham thread).......

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Hi Martin, I watched the film in the Felpham thread, and enjoyed it, but I was left with the impression that it was only half a job.

If the intention of the film was to "sell the FNRTTC dream" then I'd like to see less of London in the dark and more of dawn breaking over the south downs.
You could tell the whole story from the hustle and bustle of the city, the sleepy drunks in the suburbs, leaving suburbia behind as the pace quickens to the halfway stop, and then (the best bit for me) dawn breaking over the countyside and finally reaching the sea.

But keep the film to the length of one song, to retain people's interest.

hatler

Guru
And possibly synchronise the pictures with the words.

It looks good from my perspective, but then I already do FNRttCs.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@Beebo Good point, but the camera battery ran out after three hours! It took a photo every minute until it died. I need to rethink how to use the camera settings. And the dawn would be good but would need another camera: these GoPro ones don't have a viewfinder and anyway it's fixed to the handlebars so you don't know what you've got until you see it afterwards.

@hatler Using Microsoft stuff can be pretty frustrating: it took four attempts to finish because it lost three previous bits of work. And synchronising words and music is beyond me, as yet. But I learnt a lot from doing this.

It would work well on the Brighton ride, with The Beacon as a video implanted in it, then a video down into the city, and some stills of the breakfast.

My next FNRttC is the recce across France so I might see if I can produce something from that.
And keeping it to one song to retain attention seems good to me.
And @raleighnut it is Ruth Moody, sometime of The Wailing Jennies, on These Wilder Things.

Last edited:

hatler

Guru
:smile:

I was thinking more about synchronising the captions you see on the screen with the pictures, ie, have pictures of Balham when the 'gateway to the south' appears as a caption.

And have fun on the recce !!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Hello Martin, i've a few suggestions for you

Take more pics - set the Gopro to 30 secs (i use 10 secs) on thursday night it took 2400 pics and after a lot of deleting 172

Carry more batteries -on my settings I get 2 hours or 20 miles per battery, I used 3 for the night

I've mounted the Gopro on the saddle rails this takes pics of peoples faces

https://flic.kr/p/ndwq6C this being the best shot of the night

By mounting the cam on the rails I've had to get a frame mounting bag for my kit, this sits in the triangle

As you can see here having the Gopro rear mounted gives a better picture

aHsjXi7VsX
give it a try
tc1

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Aha
much food for thought there thank you very much.
i shall i order some more batteries.
and mounting at the rear will be an interesting little project. i shall need to find a way of moving the stuff in my enormous Carradice saddle bag how to make space for the camera.
thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom