FNRttC dates for 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Auntie Helen said:
Aha, I thought you might be scouting out a fnrttc when you came up to Walton-on-the-Naze. I presume you're not doing the foot ferry, though, as I don't suppose it runs that early in the morning - and may not cope with 100 riders!
I wasn't, but as we went along the idea took hold. I'm working on the foot ferry, but I don't think there'll be 100 on that ride. Superspeedy non-stop may be a little tough for the youngsters...............

Danny

Legendary Member
Cleethorpes? :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

mistral

Guru
dellzeqq said:
indeed. A very fine seaside town. With a railway station.

It certainly is. It takes me back to around 1976, when I was an innocent (and no doubt spotty) youth. It’s weird to reflect that even then I would travel through the night with many other like minded individuals to various exotic locations. We would arrive at such shrines as Keighley, Wigan and Cleethorpes in search of rare Northern Soul and spend the night lost in dance ;) … pause for nostalgic thoughts

What a cracking adventure the York ride will be, Mike E was selling it to us big time at the weekend, I’m in:bravo:.

Curious? -
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEejEQx1fAE

longers

Legendary Member
I'd like to get down for one of the London - Somewhere rides next year and am interested in going to Cleethorpes too.

hatler

Guru
Wahey !! Early dates in the diary for next year. I'll make sure these get fed in to the hatler 'family event date calculator' with the aim of making as many as possible.

mike e

Based on the factual reporting by Mr Bognor newspaperman, 32nd FNRttC, 4 more this year and 13 planned for 2010. That gives a tally of 49, I propose a 50th special Christmas / New Year time next year!!

Somewhere befitting the marking of this historic landmark of rides, London to Hull ain't that far don't you know:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
dellzeqq said:
18 June York to Cleethorpes via the Humber Bridge

Excellent timing, the day after my birthday. Count me in, subject to the usual caveats about having no idea what I'll be doing then....

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mike e said:
Based on the factual reporting by Mr Bognor newspaperman, 32nd FNRttC, 4 more this year and 13 planned for 2010. That gives a tally of 49, I propose a 50th special Christmas / New Year time next year!!

Somewhere befitting the marking of this historic landmark of rides, London to Hull ain't that far don't you know:biggrin:
It's about time I took one off. At the moment we only have two registered rides leaders - User10571 and myself. If any of you CTC members out there want to go on the Cheam and Morden list of Rides Leaders then please pm me.

mike e

Not been that local to Cheam & Morden I'm unsure of how valued I'd be as a ride leader, having said that I'd be more than happy to lead any of the Brighton rides and it goes without saying that I can lead the ride from York to Cleethorpes.

dellzeqq said:
26 February Brighton via Gatwick
26 March Brighton via Horley Scout Hut – in association with Martlets Hospice
30 April Southend via Junction 31
28 May Whitstable via Andy's Café Rochester
18 June York to Cleethorpes via the Humber Bridge
25 June Bognor Regis via Cabin Café, Faygate
15 July (Thursday) Newhaven and Dieppe via Gatwick
23 July ‘Genteel Ride’ to Brighton via Gatwick
27 August Whitstable via Andy's Café Rochester
17 September ‘SuperSpeedy Ride’ to Walton-on-the-Naze
24 September Brighton via Horley Scout Hut
22 October Southend via Junction 31
19 November Brighton via Gatwick

And here is the long range weather forecast.

26th February - cold with a hint of foggy mist south of Gatwick.
26th March - damp - not wet or moist, just damp.
30th April - surprisingly warm - even the Chavs in their Corsa's are in shorts.
28th May - rain at the start unfortunately, but brightening up later.
18th June - overcast and rather cold.
25th June - mild, with a few spots of rain but clear later.
15th July - warm & muggy.
23rd July - phew - what a scorcher.
27th August - heatwave continues.
17th September - cold & wet all night.
24th September - strong winds.
22nd October - cold.
19th November - a bit chilly, low cloud, raining in Brighton.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Can I, as a complete Novice to the night ride thing, put my name down for the July the 15th ride to Dieppe as that is my Birthday and I think losing my night ride cherry would be a great way to celebrate.

Thanks.

DJ

Top Bottom