FNRttC FNRttC to Brighton 8th May 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
someone certainly appeared to be taking a [icture of each raider as they crawled around the final bend, I'd certainly love to see mine if there is one, it won't be pretty

saw snaps being taken now and then, give them time i suppose, I went to bed a little after ten last night and slept like a log until 9, and I was rather sleepy and uncertain onmy feet at football althug six odd pints og broadside might have played a part

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sittingduck said:
Is there a link to any pics of this ride somewhere please? Tried Googling for FNRttC & Flickr with no success - the only thing I can come up with looks to have previous rides but not this one...?

Cheers,
SD
Set already on flickr. Search again, put recent items first and you'll have it. Or: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/fnrttcmay09/
Who's that nutter in black on the folder? Oh, that's me....:smile:

Will1985

Über Member
I feel good today - I fell asleep in front of the TV for an hour last night having just finished eating, then went to bed proper for 11 hours.

Still looking for more pics...

30i85tj.jpg

Will1985 after climbing the hill for the third time! Disappointing time of 5 minutes :smile: or so after taking off a big rucksack, huge battery pack + lights and one and a half water bottles for this run.

Well done Will, I'll write more a bit later...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Tynan - I'm so glad the rendezvous thing worked. You'll have to forgive me if I appeared distracted, but doing the air traffic control thing while keeping an eye on the ride was a bit taxing. Seeing you arrive at Clapham South was one of the highlights of the night. Well done!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Aperitif said:
Will1985 after climbing the hill for the third time! Disappointing time of 5 minutes :tongue: or so after taking off a big rucksack, huge battery pack + lights and one and a half water bottles for this run....

That boy is so heading for TEC duty!

Tynan

Veteran
dellzeqq said:
Tynan - I'm so glad the rendezvous thing worked. You'll have to forgive me if I appeared distracted, but doing the air traffic control thing while keeping an eye on the ride was a bit taxing. Seeing you arrive at Clapham South was one of the highlights of the night. Well done!

you're a gent, and I was bloody happy to catch up, that part of London is a blank for me and I'd covered quite a lot of road before finding you, I was losing hope, arriving at HPC expecting a 100 bikes and finding it desertted was quite a blow, it was the wife's fault, she was on for the promised 11pm return home then 'stopped off for something to eat', I might have made it if I didn't spend five minutes dancing with rage on the doorstep, thanks for guiding me in

gawd, seen my Beacon pic, i thought i ws riding in a world of solo agony, who are all those other people, I know I don't pass anyone on that hill so I presume they were all catching up with me as i crawled up. Will doing it in 5 minutes cheers me up no end, so we were climing a hill that step for 7/8 minutes, cor, it seemed much shorter in a very long way

handbag

GrumpyGreg said:
the young lady on the sirrus; departing from the cafe with the teeny handbag dangling from the bars like you'd just gone down the shops not cycled over both sets of Downs on the same day.

Hello GrumpyGreg, hahaha! I hope that's a compliment. believe it or not I've done 3 sets of 60-80 miles with my handbag already, it's been washed today and ready for the next ride... anyway thank you all for such a fantastic ride and hope to see you soon.

happy pedaling!

mike e

Many thanks everyone, another memorable night.

Met lots of new folks and nice to catch up with many who it now seems like I've known for ages!

The tea break stop was absolutely top drawer and deserves a massive thank you to Tony.

Plus all the usual suspects, Simon, User10571, Waypointers, TEC's (other shifts)

Also thank you to the fellow Horley to Greenhouse's TEC's, I think it go's without saying our shift was the slickest of the night with minimal incident, just one chain breakage on Turners Hill, the puncture in the Scout Hut wasn't technically ours, as Des pointed out and we all agreed, the bike had not left the car park!

My friends from Hull (North Yorkshire actually) whilst at the time not totally elated about the whole experience have now, after sobering up and sleeping, agreed it was most excellent. I am now in talks with my favourite rail operator www.nxec.com with a view to charter a train so more people from the North can enjoy the FNRttC.

Can't make it next month, but hope to see you all in July.

StuAff

Sittingduck said:
Hehehe those pics via the link are class :angry:
My face doesn't show the true pain I was in for the end of the big climb though!

Don't you mean the relief? I think pain's evident on pretty much all of those pics. Certainly I was feeling it......

mike e

For those who may notice the link is wrong, this is largely inrelavant unless you live in Hull or Leeds or York etc, most of you guys may live in Acton or Battersea or Chiswick or Dartford or Epsom or Finchley or Greenwich or .............can you spot my theme??

StuAff

Tynan said:
gawd, seen my Beacon pic, i thought i ws riding in a world of solo agony, who are all those other people, I know I don't pass anyone on that hill so I presume they were all catching up with me as i crawled up. Will doing it in 5 minutes cheers me up no end, so we were climing a hill that step for 7/8 minutes, cor, it seemed much shorter in a very long way

I agree...Part of me was saying 'Is that it?' when I got to the horses sign (and Aperitif was giving me some encouragement- thanks again for that). The other part was using multiple expressions of coarse Anglo-Saxon. Next time, no-one let me stop on a bit that isn't flat. Unless you'd like to give me a push :angry:

StuAff

mike e said:
Many thanks everyone, another memorable night.

Met lots of new folks and nice to catch up with many who it now seems like I've known for ages!

The tea break stop was absolutely top drawer and deserves a massive thank you to Tony.

Plus all the usual suspects, Simon, User10571, Waypointers, TEC's (other shifts)

Also thank you to the fellow Horley to Greenhouse's TEC's, I think it go's without saying our shift was the slickest of the night with minimal incident, just one chain breakage on Turners Hill, the puncture in the Scout Hut wasn't technically ours, as Des pointed out and we all agreed, the bike had not left the car park!

My friends from Hull (North Yorkshire actually) whilst at the time not totally elated about the whole experience have now, after sobering up and sleeping, agreed it was most excellent. I am now in talks with my favourite rail operator www.nxec.com with a view to charter a train so more people from the North can enjoy the FNRttC.

Can't make it next month, but hope to see you all in July.

Your friends deserve much praise- what an effort to make, to make such an effort! I have a mate living near York who's a pretty keen cyclist (well, if he's finished putting the bike together yet)...have to try dragging him down for this I think!

mike e

Have not slept much yet this weekend so before I call it a night one last stupid question, my theme got me thinking. How many letters do you have to miss? or can you have all 26?

Top Bottom