Foot stuck in clipless pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JBGooner

JBGooner

Über Member
Well, on the weekend I adjusted the tensioning screws, checked and adjusted the cleats and took the bike out for a practice in the park - it worked! I clipped in easily and out easily. Out on the road I felt I'd never been faster up the hills (but that was probably finally raising the saddle :rolleyes:) Great day cycling, repeated on Sunday until about 10 minutes from home my foot got stuck/forgot to unclip and I toppled over again, causing more pain than embarrassment.

I dunno, I enjoyed riding clipped-in but I don't fancy falling over once a weekend :sad: I'll give it one more try but if I'm such a plonka I forget too unclip, on ebay they go (although maybe I'll try those beginner cleats ... )

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
After a while it becomes automatic. I'm hardly aware of unclipping now, it's just putting a foot down. Much easier than the old days of shoe-plates and clips.

Maybe just me but as soon as i fit new pedals, or replace worn cleats, i try clipping in and out until i get the release tension just right. That way when i go out for a ride there are no surprises. They also do take a few rides to wear in a bit. I have just fitted another set of look Keo cleats to the road bike and they are noticeably tighter.

Fubar

Guru
Well, on the weekend I adjusted the tensioning screws, checked and adjusted the cleats and took the bike out for a practice in the park - it worked! I clipped in easily and out easily. Out on the road I felt I'd never been faster up the hills (but that was probably finally raising the saddle :rolleyes:) Great day cycling, repeated on Sunday until about 10 minutes from home my foot got stuck/forgot to unclip and I toppled over again, causing more pain than embarrassment.

I dunno, I enjoyed riding clipped-in but I don't fancy falling over once a weekend :sad: I'll give it one more try but if I'm such a plonka I forget too unclip, on ebay they go (although maybe I'll try those beginner cleats ... )

When I started with clipless pedals after a couple of "moments" I decided to unclip everytime I pulled the rear brake level so on the off chance I needed to stop I had a free foot - now I'm a bit more experienced I can pick and choose when to unclip, it does take time to get used to them probably longer than anyone would admit!

Top Bottom