For anyone interested: where ive been

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Heres a few pictures, just the ones from my phone. Got a few to come on from my mums camera.(hopefully i wont bore anyone)

So, for anyone that doesnt know, my parents have a touring caravan, and we go into Europe and go around different countries for a few weeks each year.
We have done, Holland, France, Belgium, Germany, Chek Republik, Switzerland, France, Luxemburg so far.(ive cycled in all these countries, including England(obviously) and Wales, think thats all of them)
Luxembourg was our first stop this year. Stayed in a camp site just outside of Diekish(or something like that) for a few nights.
Lady only parking space:
Image093.jpg

(wider probably so women can park easier, or so men know to expect bad parking)
Here is the statue outside of the train station there:
Image094.jpg

Hard man on fixed:becool:

Then it was on to Switzerland for 9 nights. Stopped in Morges, Just East of Lusanne.
Went to the Olympic museum in Lusanne(very interesting, some pics from inside and a statue outside to come on when i find mums camera.
Mars bar. 1.80CHF
Image100.jpg

My conversion rate from £ to CHF was 1.657. Thats over £1 for a mars bar!
A guys bike that was parked up outside:
Image101.jpg

Over in Europe, most radio stations put on the name on the song and the artist.
Lilly Allens song, **** You played:ohmy:
Image102.jpg

Anyone know what this is? We looked and dad didnt have a clue. I didnt either, but guessed at Ginger Jam, saw some abit further down, not exactly the same though
Image106.jpg

(skip this bit, might bore you more)
Nice evenings ment i could mess about on the bike. Sorted out backwards pedaling, can do a few circles at a time, and trackstand in different ways
Stood up no hands
Image107.jpg

Image109-1.jpg

Sat down one foot on front wheel
Image108-1.jpg

On a ride to a hill in Switzerland, i went through a vilage that had all these scar crows at the side of the road. Thought i would take a pic or two:
Image112-1.jpg

Image113-1.jpg

Image114-1.jpg

So hopefully i have interested some, and not just bored you all.

Noodley

Completed bored wee Joe, apart from the picture of the chestnut and vanilla jam xx(

I don't suppose we can expect a more refined approach in your posting style now that you have toured Europe :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Noodley said:
Completed bored wee Joe, apart from the picture of the chestnut and vanilla jam xx(

I don't suppose we can expect a more refined approach in your posting style now that you have toured Europe :thumbsup:

No, the Swiss are mainly all complete daffodils
FACT

Us(looks abit confused at a parking meter) "do you speak english?"
Swiss people we asked: "No!!!!"

Mum asked about other things aswell, asked if they spoke engish and was given a rude, NO!!!.

Oh, and the person on the campsite in Morges we called the kiddy catcher.
He looked like abit of a pedo, his child catching transport was one of those long train cars, and he often road around in that, with the carriages full of kids, smoking a HUGE cigar:becool::ohmy:

There was also a man we called, Mafia Man, on the campsite.

Noodley

Joe24 said:
Us(looks abit confused at a parking meter) "do you speak english?"
Swiss people we asked: "No!!!!"

I think that's quite funny :thumbsup::laugh:

Maybe if you asked if they spoke French they'd have given a more positive response? xx(

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Noodley said:
I think that's quite funny :thumbsup::laugh:

Maybe if you asked if they spoke French they'd have given a more positive response? xx(

Well, in the end my mum mugged a man with 2 false legs for the change for the parking meter, and made him put the change in and press the right buttons so we got the right amount of time and stuff.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More pictures!
Lotus Bike(yes, it has a slack chain, honestly!)
P1010340.jpg

Cant remember whos bike this is
P1010339.jpg

The bike statue outside(some twat standing in front of it:rolleyes:)
P1010344.jpg

(my legs are like theres, but mine are bigger;))

A hill i went up:
P1010364.jpg

Theres a video of me going to the top, but i couldnt put that on my photobucket for some reason, not that interesting.

MajorMantra

Joe24 said:
Luxembourg was our first stop this year. Stayed in a camp site just outside of Diekish(or something like that) for a few nights.

Diekirch I'm guessing. Did you notice how lovely and smooth all the roads are? Riding in Luxembourg (where I grew up) is great. Makes you realise how crap the roads are here.

Matthew

OP
OP
J

Joe24

MajorMantra said:
Diekirch I'm guessing. Did you notice how lovely and smooth all the roads are? Riding in Luxembourg (where I grew up) is great. Makes you realise how crap the roads are here.

Matthew

Yep.
3rd year of riding over there, and its lovely:becool:
Although,. i think it was Belgium whos roads were abit pants in some places, but still smooth.
I went up the road to the hills and they were lovely and smooth.
And, would you beleive, even when it was about 35 in the sun, the roads didnt melt.
Now, if that was over here................................

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Holland has got to be my favourit place though, although the whole keeping on the cycle lane thing can be annoying sometimes, i prefere a nice wide road without having to dodge people when your wanting to go out and go fast, but ive seen the local chain ganging on them:eek:
In Delft there werent bad. Nice place that is.

Oh, and i did shout at a driver who was going to cut across me to turn right in the middle of Diekirch, and gave him some good Brittish chalm, and at a person in Switzerland.

I left the place we store the caravan, and you go down a busy-ish road. I go down it pretty much every day i go out on my bike, nice wide road and pretty fast.
I had a driver try to over take, then realise there was a crossing so had to brake hard about 5 mins down the road.
A few mins after that i had a car come close and the driver and passenger tell me theres a cycle line:rolleyes:
Yes, so why arent you on your bikes!!!!
I know its there, ive cycled in 10 different countries(if ive added up right) and it seems to be only the brits that want to tell me about the cycle lane:rolleyes:
The Dutchies do get abit nervous when your not in the lane and there is one though:evil::biggrin:

Oh, a quote from my mum as we got into Switzerland and could see the Alps.

Dad: "Theres the Alps over there look"
Mum: "Are you sure? Thought they were clouds"
:ohmy: :laugh:(she was being serioius aswell!!!!)

OP
OP
J

Joe24

We went straight through the middle of Prague with the caravan, and were made to feel special!!!
Got waved at and everything:thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

And Noodley, you bugger, i was nearly abducted by a UFO and where were you to save me?
No-where in site!
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/joejoe11/?action=view&current=Video003.flv
(what actually happened was a helicopter landed right next to the site in Morges to pick someone up that wasnt in a good way, either been dragged from the lake or something, and because it was at night, my filming sort of seemed strange)
The crowd was told not to take pictures i think, couldnt understand, by the police man. He then stood there holding his gun(wooooah hang on!:ohmy: but i hid behind 2 Swiss people(so they could take the bulet if he shot) and cheekily filmed with my phone.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

yenrod said:
P1010339.jpg

Pascal Richards bike ! :ohmy: sorry i'm an anorak !!!!!!!!

Theres his shoes aswell.

There was also shoes by the Lotus bike, aswell as a modern aero helmet and a metal old style aero helmet!
Didnt get a picture of that though:sad:

Joe24 said:
My conversion rate from £ to CHF was 1.657. Thats over £1 for a mars bar!

I stayed in Gex (France) last month and we didn't have any supplies when we got to the site. It was Sunday so I knew nowhere in France would be open. Drove into Geneva and ended up paying the equivalent of £32 for 4 beers, 2 sandwiches, a pack of croissants and 2AA batteries. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Top Bottom