for summer has come today ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Stripping commuter and riding the sex on wheels for the summer
WP_20150321_10_33_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20150321_10_33_06_Pro.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
About to put the "summer " wheels on the commuter, waiting till the new cassette comes as th new chain i put on yesterday does not mesh with it , along with new rear mech and front mech .
The rear mech is gunked up and stiff from road muck/salt its not taking the chain tension up right anymore ,thats after 1 winter so i plan to strip it down as a spare .
Untill the new cassette arrives it back on the subway as i cant be assed to put the old chain back on as apart from the gears slipping under pedal load it shifts sweetly.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
What's the idea of swapping wheels?
Is it just cheaper wheels for the rubbish weather so as to keep the 'summer wheels' better for longer?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What's the idea of swapping wheels?
Is it just cheaper wheels for the rubbish weather so as to keep the 'summer wheels' better for longer?
Pretty much .
The grit /grime over winter can wear rims down pretty fast as well as the salt they use to de ice the roads can eat components , also the cheap wheel have a higher spoke count ( 32 vs 20 ) so they are more liable to stand up to potholes etc you cant see in my case on unlit country lanes .

Top Bottom