Fossy's Fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
fossyant said:
PS Joe..was sure it's most likely the same frame as yours after seeing your photo's - the smooth welds and smooth fork/head tube joint. PS I believe these frames are better than the Pearson...:evil:

As soon as i saw your frame i thought it was the same.
They are very nice:thumbsup:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Joe24 said:
I used to find my hips didnt like it on long hills:wacko:

Had some twinges from an old hamstring injury in my left leg, but this might just strengthen it...... it used to play up when I 'upped the miles', but hasn't done it for a long time...this did...:evil:

Tharg2007

Veteran
happy new bike!
I have some similar wheels, cxp33 on miche primato, excellent rims!
You got me wanting one of those cat eyes now :sad: quoting those stats is making me wonder what my cadence is like.

yenrod

Why do you want/ride a fixed Foss - your short changing / limiting yourself ie no gears !:biggrin: - I just dont get this fixed bike thing...

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Simplicity for commuting and a bike that takes guards - neither road bikes take guards, and I need the MTB back to what it's intended for as I didn't have a bike I could go out with the kids on..... Anyway n+1.....

Also learning to spin more/RPM flexibility. The lack of gears would be a problem if I went on some of my hilly rides, but this isn't for those extremes. It's also pretty good at building up strength - my weak hamstring on my left leg felt it...

Mike Rudkin

Oh !! I'm drooling-over 50 yrs since I rode a fixy. Must buy wife flowers,chocs and maybe even some jewelry:-)

Tharg2007

Veteran
Mike Rudkin said:
Oh !! I'm drooling-over 50 yrs since I rode a fixy. Must buy wife flowers,chocs and maybe even some jewelry:-)

Why do that? just spend the money on a new bike instead ;)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Been practising track stands in the cul-de-sac this morning, in trainers.. God it's loads harder than on a geared road bike..... I can't do it.......:becool:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
fossyant said:
Been practising track stands in the cul-de-sac this morning, in trainers.. God it's loads harder than on a geared road bike..... I can't do it.......:becool:
I've told you once, you stick with what you know, let Uncle Sharky take it off your hands and save you from making a fool of yourself. I'm just that kinda guy. :wacko:;)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

So what's this about Life Long Learning - so long as the learning has now't to do with work, I'm OK.....

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Some more shots..photo bin has been playing up all weekend......

DSCF2928.jpg

DSCF2926.jpg

DSCF2927.jpg

Top Bottom