Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Look and feel. Being 'performance' tyres they are simply not built for longevity. I would expect to get lots of punctures with these so likely I will be using together with a puncture belt.

What makes the tyres awful? Tread looks awesome and who doesn't appreciate lighter tyres?
Think the issue @matticus had was that they were either 35 or 38, or something.

I dont think you're talking about the same tyres (and the Ribble link is now a 404!) :-/

But the tyres I was whinging about a few pages/weeks back were basically much bigger than advertised. Lots of tread on them though!

I dont think you're talking about the same tyres (and the Ribble link is now a 404!) :-/

But the tyres I was whinging about a few pages/weeks back were basically much bigger than advertised. Lots of tread on them though!

Might be also that Schwalbe appear to have discontinued that GT365 tyre and replaced it with (best match I can find) the Marathon Mondial which look very similar.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
What makes the tyres awful? Tread looks awesome and who doesn't appreciate lighter tyres?
Think the issue @matticus had was that they were either 35 or 38, or something.

I did a test ride of 10 miles when I first got them. They were sluggish (on tarmac) compared to the Vittoria Voyager Hyper I normally use.

However, when assessed on their own merit and their 4 season/multi surface use, they rolled reasonably well. They were particularly reassuring on a wet gritty canal path.

The lighter weight helps and Raceguard protection is good enough for most uses.

gcogger

Last edited:

Velochris

Über Member
Elite Tuo wheel on smart turbo trainer £99.

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/elite-tuo-trainer-tt92003

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
When I saw this I thought, that was a good deal, so I ordered them....
That deal has been going for a while and while it looks good, the tyres they send are not the ones advertised. I got tyres with Raceguard puncture protection and a much lighter weight. Mine measured 580g, think the official weight is c. 800g for 38mm.

The tread appeared to match that advertised.

I suspect there was a mistake at their offshore factory whereby a different carcass was moulded to the correct tread so are offloading these cheaply. The tyres come as OEM so no Schwalbe packaging

Ribble don’t seem to be selling these direct. I think they’re acting as agents for whoever is offloading these. Schwalbe?

When I flagged it to Ribble they apologised and said their website had an error in the description. There wasn’t an error. Their description was correct and as per Schwalbe. The tyres appear to be mis-manufactured and they likely hoped nobody would notice.

Anyhow, I couldn’t be arsed returning so they’re in the garage awaiting some roughstuff. They’re good for £10. Just don’t expect to receive what’s advertised.

Think @albion amongst others got similar tyres as I.

Yes similar problem. I deemed it best to give their half cocked return procedure a miss.
Awful tyres unsuited for intended purpose.
….then I saw the above messages, and I cancelled the order!

Top Bottom