Frame and seat angle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Plank, sit ups, Pilates stuff, swimming... apparently

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Ha ha, he only came out twice, he's has a road bike for a while now but doesn't really ride. I think he likes the idea of having one more than riding in one. I need a road bike to help with losing weight, having just the MTB is no good for me.

Your mates just jealous that you can get right down aero and he can't.:becool:

Drago

Legendary Member
Looks like a lot of seat post exposed, but not horrifically so. If you're comfortable then carry on as before - it's you riding it, not your chum.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

I'll do a Google search...Cheers

A 56 frame is perfect for you. Those bars are a bit deep though, you might prefer a "compact" bar.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I am a bit smaller than you (5 foot 9), a couple of bike fits suggested a 56cm for me but I ride 54cm and a 55cm frame as the next size up in my bikes is a 57cm a little too big and there no way I'd go a little to big I'd rather go a little too small and enjoy a lighter more agile frame I can adjust. Your bar to saddle difference doesn't look exceptional to me and if you're comfortable I certainly wouldn't change it

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Nothing looks horrifically bad in the setup, except the lack of planting in the garden. If it were my setup I would consider rotating the bars a tiny bit to be level or very fractionally downwards, but if you don't have pain there is probably no need to change it.

Citius

Hi, my mate has been advising that he thinks I should be on a larger frame as my seat angle looks very aggressive. What he has said is that on a larger frame my seat would not be as high in relation to the bars? I can see what he means especially when I compare this to other bikes on this forum. Any thoughts? This frame was only made up to 58" I think and this is a 56". I am 5'11".

I would be inclined to disregard any cycling-related advice your mate gives you. He sounds clueless.

Top Bottom