Friday night is halloween music night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

View: http://youtu.be/1WhhSBgd3KI[/QUOTE]

Aha....an opportunity to recount something from our little hol in London this week.

Arranged to meet up with others and wandered down a road in Islington to find a suitable pub. Found one that looked OK and popped in for a pint. Found it was only the Hope and Anchor, all time famous pub music venue. Photo of Specials playing there (with an extremely young Terry Hall) on the wall. Turns out all sorts of bands played there in their formative years....U2 (yuck), Joy Division (yeh), Madness, Stranglers (recorded a live album there), The Cure, The Police and loads more.

How f***ing cool is that?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
The Cranberries - Zombie, a classic!

Aah, The Cranberries. This reminds me of one of those 'you had to be there' moments in life. We were at work, working hard when on the radio came My Favourite Game, all deadpan and apropos nothing a colleague said ' The Cranberries, you like their sauce, you do'. Cue much laughter from me.

Like I said, you had to be there.

Bauhaus 12" - Bela Lugosi's Dead

Did you see 'Goth At The BBC' last night???
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mqfl1

The Cramps - I was a Teenage Werewolf.

Got the LP that the track is on
P6111229.JPG

I'm not sure what a juju man actually is, but sounds scary to me. Rockpile - Juju Man]

What about 'Creature From The Black Lagoon'??, by Dave Edmunds (who was in Rockpile, with Nick Lowe)
Got the LP, still!!

How about some shitkicking music...
There's a Jerry Reed geetar version too, son!
As much as I like The Charlie Daniels Band version, I've never heard the Jerry Reed track before, & it's superb!!

How about, as I've not seen them mentioned;

Creedence Clearwater Revival 'Bad Moon Rising'
Warren Zevon 'Werewolves Of London'
The Cramps 'Human Fly'

Top Bottom