FSA Headsets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Quick question. Anyone know the difference, if any, between the Orbit X, Orbit X Threadless, Orbit MX and Orbit MX Threadless?

Ta muchly :okay:

lpretro1

All seem to be pretty much the same - all are for threadless steerers and all 1 1/8th"?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Looks like it. The X does also come in a 1" version. According to the tech docs, the only different components are the cups, which are round on the X but angular on the MX. MX also seems to come in a range of colours. So it looks like the MX is just a groovier, funkier version for those who like to colour match their components. X is more expensive though, and doesn't seem to come with the star nut and top cap.

I think the regular and "threadless" versions must be exactly the same thing that for some reason has been duplicated on the FSA website.

Oh yeah, and there's a 0.6mm difference in stack height. :smile:

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Golly, people really don't seem to know much about the finer points of headset manufacturing, do they?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Did you have a look at the site clever dick, specifically the headset fit finder?
I must confess that I hadn't. I have now though, and I'm still none the wiser. It just seems to want me to match a CC headset to my bike. Perhaps you'd care to enlighten me? You can carry on drip feeding me information one clue at a time if you like, it makes for quite a fun game.

ayceejay

Guru
I say You might find some information on the Cane Creek site. You didn't - game over:hello:

Top Bottom