G.E.R Lomas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked this up last night in the dark so could not resist strapping a light on and going for a short spin earlier this morning.

Meant to be 80's but I think the frame looks earlier looking at the dropouts' and rear brake bridge.

WP_20160928_001.jpg
WP_20160928_002.jpg
WP_20160928_004.jpg
WP_20160928_005.jpg

stevevw

Guru
Nice

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I would put it mid to late 60s based on cable guides and front/rear drop outs. Looks nice mate

thanks @Tony Raynor previous owner claimed he bought the frame about 30 years ago but cant remember if new or used and he took bits of an old Claud butler that had a bent frame and then he replaced what needed as he went along , wheels are Rigida polished items and fairly untouched on the brake track .

Nice. :becool:

I'd say it was earlier than 80s due to the light bracket boss on the front fork but not by much.
Nice mudguards though, I've got similar on the Ridgeback, 'Flingers' ?

Got a pr of white bluemels to go on it in time

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
First commute on this today and the only thing I did was to inflate the tyres and lift the saddle.

Feels really nice and smooth

WP_20160930_001.jpg

Nice Silstar crank

WP_20160930_002.jpg

Nice Suntour rear mechanism not quite as pretty the Shimano 600 on the Pennine

WP_20160930_003.jpg

Nice and neat short style lugs , paintwork should clean up nicely when i get round to it

WP_20160930_004.jpg

WP_20160930_005.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
An early morning garage session servicing the head set has revealed a stamping on the forks 22476 and some nice detailing on the fork crown that i had missed before .

Need to check what the bottom bracket shell has stamped on it now when i service that .

WP_20161003_002.jpg

daysnways

the rear derailleur (if orig to bike) dates it mid 70s, so the frame number ending 76, could mean it was 1976? Looking at it generally, that seems about right to me.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Slotted-window.JPG

Vagner variant fork crown, definitely not shabby :smile:

Shaun

Thanks @midlife

the rear derailleur (if orig to bike) dates it mid 70s, so the frame number ending 76, could mean it was 1976? Looking at it generally, that seems about right to me.

Seller said he bought the frame aprox 30 years ago as his then current Claud Butler's frame was written off and the Lomas was built up using those parts and then replaced as they became worn out , but he hadnt used it much in last few years .

He couldnt remember if the frame was new or 2nd hand when he got it .

daysnways

i worked briefly in an ice cream factory. If for instance Co-op's consignment had gone out of date before purchased, it got sent back and we'd put another lid on like super saver ice cream and back out it went!!

Once during the tub filling process, the lid putter-onner machine broke so we had to put the lids on by hand, i took great pride in drawing a few smiley faces on the top of the ice cream before putting the lids on ..lol...happy days.

Top Bottom