garden steps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We hear a lot about committees and home owner associations telling people what they can and can't do. Compared to the UK it often seems over complicated and very restrictive!
Well, here we have the "council housing officers", who like a power trip.
At the moment, we are phantom planting in the estate, because the officer doesn't agree with our gardening group making the place look nicer :laugh:
Like @rockyroller's committee, the housing does not fix or take care or anything either!
Worse, they have a say even if one is not a council house tenant.

one of the condo board co-presidents came by & took a tour & I was able to show him pics & tell him about poncho-boy's behavior. he has been staying away now & I have a green light to close the trail entrance behind my patio & open a new one over to the right. actually where poncho-boy is keen to do the same. so, yay, we have a plan!

meanwhile, on a recent get-a-way w/ Wifey to Vermont we came across some very good slope steps along a hike
VT slope steps 1.jpg

VT slope steps 2.jpg

VT slope steps 3.jpg

really well done, I thought. & I won't be doing that at all

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We hear a lot about committees and home owner associations telling people what they can and can't do. Compared to the UK it often seems over complicated and very restrictive!

In fairness, in this instance it doesn't seem to be anything of the sort, but the residents' committer trying to work out what they should or can do, and in any case not at all unsupportive of what the OP has done off his own bat

since the new trail exit/entrance is happening I borrowed the porch paint I had mixed for my Mother's front porch & covered the trail markers leading to & from my patio. it's a good match for tree bark, I think
paint marker 1.jpg

paint marker 2.jpg

paint marker 3.jpg

almost like they were never there
painted markers blend.jpg

porch paint good match.jpg

Last edited:
success! the dog walkers get the idea
Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 10.04.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 10.03.44 AM.png

now if we can just get this dog owner to keep their dog on a leash! it can't read the new trail signs, lol
loose dog on hill.jpg

it's a good jumper!
dog jump.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 10.22.02 AM.png

say cheese!
Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 10.21.01 AM.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom