Garmin Edge 800 User Guide (With Fancy Pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Anyone have random shut down on there 800? Happened twice on very long rides, going back to Garmin monday. The device shuts down, no warning, plenty of battery life. Turn it on and it freezes and shuts down again.Very annoying

zacklaws

Guru
Random shut downs / lock ups on long rides is a well known problem which garmin have never resolved. Luckily it has only happened to me twice and I have done many rides over 150+, the first time, I was able to reboot straight away and get it going on a 160+ ride and the second time 210 miles into a 240 mile ride, on this occasion, it was impossible to get it to reboot till the next day when it started working again.

The reccomended way to use it on long rides is to stop it and reset it to save the ride after about 120 miles, and then start it again, otherwise risk loosing everything.

Plenty of info about it on the garmin Forums

U

User19783

Hi guys,
I have a problem with my 800,
Owned it now for a few years and done about 8000 miles without any problems,
But Now, the device is saying memory full?
I've checked and deleted all the saved rides on the unit,done a factory reset, and still the unit is saying memory full,
So I brought a new memory card, made sure the device is set to record on the card, but still, unable to use the unit as it saying memory full
Getting fed up,
Any ideas
Cheers

U

User19783

Yep,
Tried that forum, with no success,
I thought I give this site ago,
Looks like I've got an expensive paper weight too,:angry:

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
What is 'Set Elevation'?
If I go into System then GPS it gives an option to 'Set Elevation". My unit is set at 77m - what does this mean?

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That's your base elevation for calculating total ascent and descent. It means you're 77m above sea level

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Still no maps on my 800 device after having it for 6month

Any one got UK Openstreet maps I can have sent to me on a SD card for a Paypal payment by anychance?

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Is that an automatic setting calculated by Garmin?
If not, how would I find out how far above sea level I actually am?
Yes, it has a barometric altimeter built in. Can't vouch or accuracy though, sometimes it will read 3500ft ascended on a flat road

Last edited:
Top Bottom