General Tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
I think that's my size.

Dave5N

Über Member
I can lend you a pair of shoes on the understanding that you clean all the mud off afterwards and that you replace them with a pair of the same quality in the unlikely event that you damage them.

They have cleats, so you might want to use clipless pedals. Again I can lend you a pair. Same terms.

However, if you haven't used them before, a race may not be the best place to try them out for the first time.

Up to you.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Thanks very much for the offer Dave. I too am unsure as to whether to use them for a race, for the first time. I am used to spd-sl's for on the road. however I think that I shouldn't really - I fall off enough as it is. Again thanks very much for the offer.
Steve

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Actually if you dont mind, could you bring them anyway and perhaps I could try them for one of my practise laps, and if I don't like them I would clean them and return them to you before I go/your race starts.

Steve

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Dave5N said:
I'm not racing tomorrow, so there'll be no rush.

If yur used to clipless pedals on the road you should be ok.

OK, again thakns for the offer - how will I find you? If you want to pm me a mobile number or something then I could give you a ring/text when I get there?

Steve

Dave5N

Über Member
Trouble is I won't hear the phone. Most of the Redditch lot know me and all the Purple People do. Just ask someone to point at me..

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Ok, also what time do you normally get there?

I am hoping to arrive at about 9.15 to gte my practise done early and also so we get a parking space.

Steve

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Ok - I have seen the larger version of your avatar on the halesowen site, so I have an idea as to what you look like aswell.

See you tomorrow.

Steve

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Just browsing whilst I was bored - don't feel there is much need to join unless I get really serious about track. Probably going to do the FNTl next year. If you become a member can you go on the track whenever you want?

Steve

Top Bottom