Getting started!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, Jonny here. Just getting back into biking. Had a disc removed so running is out. Got a road bike. Cannondale. Shimano pedals. Looking for advice on what shoes to buy. Any ideas? Thanks

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Welcome to the show! My first foray into the bewildering world of cycle shoes was via Aldi. I bought a pair of cycle shoes from them for £19.99 that are still in service. Although I'm on a road bike, the shoes are MTB style with recessed cleats so I can walk a bit with comfort without damaging cleat or floor. The pedals I have are Shimano A530, which are 'half and half', cleat binding one side and flat the other. I guess your choice of shoe will be influenced first by what cleat system fits the pedal bindings. I'd be thinking about shoes that go well with the bike colour, and I'd also like ratchet adjustable over centre latch fasteners.

OP
OP
Jonathan Airey
Thanks for your advice. Got an Aldi round the corner. Have plenty of running gear from there. Its good stuff. I also recommend the malbec from the exquisite collection. Top notch but no good for cycling.

Martin p

Welcome to the the forum Jonathan . I got a pair of cut price shimano's from decathlon , brilliant . Can't remember what model , I'll have a look when I get out of the bath ;-)

Martin p

Back in the bath but was out in them earlier & they are shimano MO87's .

Top Bottom