GHS Time Trial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

For those that are not in the 'TT know' the GHS championship is for school boys and school girls, and requires you to qualify at your regional level before you can go to national finals, and the midland district event took place yesterday.

Although I set a new pb of 24-53 (ten miles) I was not fast enough to make the finals, however my clubmate, who recorded a time over one minute quicker than I did, did get through, and so I am very pleased for him.

Here are some pictures and a video of the day:

th_MOV06149.jpg
DSC06144.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC06146.jpg

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06148.jpg

Thanks very much to Will1985, whos helmet and oversocks I am wearing in the pictures/video.

Ben M

Those two on the tandem definitely don't look like school kids, I think that you should report them to the organisers :smile:

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

haha!

First off was the normal adults in the open event
Then, after a four minute gap it was the three tandems
Then, four minutes after them, it was me, the opening rider of the GHS event.

aran20

Young Un said:
haha!

First off was the normal adults in the open event
Then, after a four minute gap it was the three tandems
Then, four minutes after them, it was me, the opening rider of the GHS event.

Nice one young un... Keep it up, maybe our TTing wheels will cross sometime in the future.:tongue:

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Haha maybe, if I start to get low 25's on the K34 and K32 courses then I may start entering some opens next year, so there is a possibility of it! Just need to start thinking about some more specific TT training, so if you can offer any help in that region it would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

mr-marty-martin said:
btw are your over socks on the wrong foot, just that i think you wear them with the logo showing on the outside of the foot...

It's how Will wears them so it is how I wore them - something to do with not being allowed to show a sponser in TT's due to the CTT, and these ones have PBkK in black very distinctively on them.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

willhub said:
Whats with those wheels? I seen some in Paul Hewitts with the spokes going into the side of the rims???? :s

it is a shimano wheel, and quite a few of them come like this - the spoke is effecively the wrong way round, with the hooked end in the rim, and the nipple in the hub.

mr-marty-martin

:wacko:not aloud to show sponser's, spoil sports...

hold on a min... you've got giant showing on your bike, you'll have to tape that up next time :blush:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I think its a silly rule that i cant wear the skin suit i have in open TTs because its a team one:rolleyes:
So i dont ride for that team, im in a club.
Although someone will now probably come on and tell me why its so wrong to wear a team one

bonj2

Joe24 said:
I think its a silly rule that i cant wear the skin suit i have in open TTs because its a team one:rolleyes:
So i dont ride for that team, im in a club.
Although someone will now probably come on and tell me why its so wrong to wear a team one

silly rules. what silly, silly rules.
don't get any of that shoot on an audax

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Well done, young 'un... unlucky about not getting through to the next stage though!

I watched the short vid and just have one comment/question... is this on a closed road circuit, and if so (maybe even if it isn't) then you really need to cut closer to the central line markings on the road where they are more of the racing line... that'd cut a fair bit off your time I would think (not that I've ever TT'd, but looking at it purely from a shortest path point of view).

Well done all the same though - sound like a quite respectable time to me!

Top Bottom