Giant Defy 1 mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Giant's own are by far the best option. I had Cruds on my Avail, they were crap. Nothing else would fit apart from those

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I've got Crud Roadracer Mk2 which I've fitted and removed from my Defy several times. They keep me dry and don't rattle so I'm pleased with them. Well, the front one rattles a bit on really rough roads sometimes. A bit fiddly to fit 1st time round but once they were on there, I had no problems.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I find the large down tube takes care of the front wheel so just use an ass saver or an MTB crud guard that clips to the seat post for the rear as and when I need them .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
and this morning calls for a mudguard so I very kindly took a picture for you :laugh:

001_zps5a72388c.jpg

Takes seconds to fit and remove and a small off cut of inner tube stops the clamp scratching the seat post .

D

Deleted member 22722

Just be aware that if anyone is planning on purchasing the Giant Defy mudguards they may not fit if you have changed your brake calipers. I changed my calipers to a pair of Shimano Ultegra ones and I found out the hard way that the Giant mudguards won't fit.

Unfortunately I can't return these these for a refund because the Dremel came out whilst I was frustratingly having a 'these will fit' moment. Got the bikeshop to fit some SKS Raceblades in the end and these work well.

Top Bottom