Gibraltar to Seville

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robing

Über Member
Anyone got any tips for this route? You can go via jimena and arcos, but is very mountainous. Via Jerez is flatter but longer. Spoke to a local who said I could follow the motorway from Los Barrios on the service road, but looking at Google maps I'm not convinced.

jay clock

Massive member
yes I did it..... other way, but perfectly do-able. The route I took is this http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8880192 (that plots it in the right direction). May not be 100% but close to it

From Gib the first 10-15k is through petrochemical plants etc but fine and definitely possible. The last 60k or so into Sevilla is flat and not very attractive farmland.

See here for my account of the trip.. I did it over two days https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=uZ&page_id=305067&v=39

OP
OP
robing

robing

Über Member
Thanks! Funnily enough I have read your blog when I was researching my trip. I have already cycled from Roses in catalonia down to Gibraltar, now I will be basically doing your trip in reverse. I was going to Calais but have changed to St malo like you.

I followed the river out of Seville along a cycle path to Sanlucar (cycle path started under the suspension bridge) - became less obvious the further I got into the Delta and required some improvisation - although I notice that on openstreetmaps the nominal route I took is marked as a cycle way - then I followed the coast round to Algeciras - and on to Gib - no idea if it is the best route

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks! Funnily enough I have read your blog when I was researching my trip. I have already cycled from Roses in catalonia down to Gibraltar, now I will be basically doing your trip in reverse. I was going to Calais but have changed to St malo like you.
I can strongly recommend the N620?630 north from Sevilla as far as you need for a few days

OP
OP
robing

robing

Über Member
Going to go Jimina, Algar, Arcos de la frontera tomorrow, then on to Seville the next day. Wanted to do it in 2 days. I already came down from Jimena from Ronda. The only bit that concerns me is jimena and Algar as it looks pretty empty so will need to stock up on water, especially as it's Sunday.

Top Bottom