Glasgow winter track league.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin McNeely

Has anyone had experience in riding in senior new to track league on a Wednesday, I'm hoping to get involved in the next couple of weeks after a few more drop ins and endurance sessions.
Does anyone know what races are on the night?
Also looking at rollers for keeping warm but was thinking maybe a turbo, what's the the normal?
I'm still running the standard gearing at the moment 48x15 but hoping to maybe go 49x15 or 48x14

zizou

Veteran
Has anyone had experience in riding in senior new to track league on a Wednesday, I'm hoping to get involved in the next couple of weeks after a few more drop ins and endurance sessions.
Does anyone know what races are on the night?
Also looking at rollers for keeping warm but was thinking maybe a turbo, what's the the normal?
I'm still running the standard gearing at the moment 48x15 but hoping to maybe go 49x15 or 48x14

Usually a couple of scratch races and a points race, sometimes a devil in place of a scratch.

Rollers are much more common for warm up - they are quicker to get on and off as you dont need to attach the wheel plus you want to spin your legs without much resistance, rollers are ideal for that.

Gearing varies from person to person - some like big gears some dont. Some riders will change their gear depending on the race and how they are feeling, most just stick to the same one though. I use a 51x15 but i started out with a 49x15 which was good for the D group, i'd have been ok with a 48 too. When starting out it is IMO better to be a little undergeared so you can respond to the accelerations easier.

OP
OP
Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely

I'll have to find myself a set of rollers and get used to them, been meaning to try them for a while. I'll see how I go regards the gearing, do they allow spectators in and what time does it usually go onto? I working on Wednesday evening but I could make it down for 8:30 to see how it all goes.

zizou

Veteran
I'll have to find myself a set of rollers and get used to them, been meaning to try them for a while. I'll see how I go regards the gearing, do they allow spectators in and what time does it usually go onto? I working on Wednesday evening but I could make it down for 8:30 to see how it all goes.

Usually goes on to betwen 9.30 - 10, depends how quick things are running. They allow spectators in to the track centre, just ask at the front desk say you are going to be racing in the coming weeks and want to check things out.

Rollers are fun but can be tricky to get the hang of (particularly when using them in front of lots of people!) you'll however be able to set them up next to the wall or a barrier should you need to put out a hand to steady yourself

Top Bottom