GLC Cycling for London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Amazing to see some of the cycling infrastructure around town, like on Waterloo bridge, is essentially the same as 30 years ago.

I love the bit at 14.30 where Dick Jones from the GLC cycling project (and @dellzeqq may be interested to see him wearing a delicious pair of Breton reds), does a shot to camera on a bike bang in the middle of traffic outside Paddington. He then rolls off gently past a car and you catch a line from the Bee-Gees "Ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive, staying alive…".

I saw no cycle helmet usage but a few kids cycling blithely through the traffic

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had a girlfriend who lived in Somerstown in the 80s. I was up there a year or so ago and that bit of cycle infrastructure isn't there any more. Neither is she. Shame really, she was a very naughty girl.

robjh

Legendary Member
People cycling in everyday clothes, and without alien headgear! The classic bikes! All the Routemaster buses! I want to go there.

(actually wait a minute, I was there, or at least a year later when I started commuting up the A24. No cycle superhighway then, that was real urban cycling......)

buggi

Bird Saviour
wot no helmets !!! :blink: lol. Great film. What happened? They were doing so well! We could be Dutch by now if they'd kept the momentum

green1

Über Member
wot no helmets !!! :blink: lol. Great film. What happened?
They all died obviously. Nothing that definitely saved their lives when they had a minor spill.

Top Bottom