Good Karma Man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sackville d

Veteran
This actually happened during the summer,the date is long lost,but happen it did!

On a fine sunny Sunday I was approaching Hebden Bridge from Todmorden when I noticed a chap coming from the other direction about to make a right turn heading for Mytholm Steeps.

Now, the use of the word Steeps in its name should give you some idea of what this chap was about to endure.A trully brutal climb that is actually unpleasent to come DOWN,let alone try to ascend.

Anyhooo, as he was waiting to make his turn I passed him and offered a "Good luck mate".
A nod of appreciation was passed, and on I went 150 meters further to start climbing Heptonstall Rd where a car was waiting on a red light to come into Hebden Bridge. "Good luck mate" chirped the smiling motorist,and yes,a nod of appreciation was passed back to him:smile:

Now was it Cosmic Connectivity (it was HB remember) or just one of those things? I have no idea, but I cant help but think "What were the chances of that happening?"

If anything, it just goes to show that some motorists do appreciate how much effort we put in and are prepared to doff a cap to our lunatic ways.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom