GT LTS-5, Sandhurst

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
My brother's bike (a present from me, bought two years ago on Ebay) was stolen last night from his flat in Sandhurst. A break-in. He's gutted - he's broke and we'd just spent money a bit of money and time getting it back in fine fettle. He's just moved house with the particular intention of using it to commute. His daughter's brand new bike (birthday prezzie earlier this month) was also stolen. That one's not very distinctive, but my brother's is. It's a GT LTS-5 - a fairly old but rather classic early full-sus mtb. They are low-key for full-sussers, with nice thin tubes. The rear shock is elastomer. It looks like the picture below, except it's geared and the frame is a maroony sort of anodized red. It has the same bright yellow RST fork, and I think it has bar-ends. Keep an eye out if you live down that way...

:sad:

92d5op7.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That's pretty dreadful. I hope they get the bikes back.
Worth checking the local Cash Converters?

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
That's pretty dreadful. I hope they get the bikes back.

Sorry to here about the thefts TC - hope your brother+family are okay.

Thanks both. He's reported the theft, and he'll keep an eye out, but I'm not hopeful about getting them back. He's fairly philosophical about it all, but I'm a bit heartbroken for him - it's his only means of transport and he can't afford a new one, plus he's had a lot of bad luck lately. Back to Ebay for me, I guess!

bauldbairn

He's fairly philosophical about it all, but I'm a bit heartbroken for him - it's his only means of transport and he can't afford a new one, plus he's had a lot of bad luck lately. Back to Ebay for me, I guess!

Good on your brother for not letting it get him down - and good on you for looking out for him. :thumbsup:

TC have you tried the local bicycle recycling centre(if you have one)?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Good thinking BB. There is one in Swansea - I shall have a gander...

Farnborough tip on Saturday/Sunday afternoons is worth a look and the guys will let you buy/take what you need.

Does it need to be a full susser and what sort of size does he need? I'll keep an eye out.

e-rider

crappy member
shrew has a bike going free to someone who got robbed - I'd say your brother fits the bill perfectly.

zarly

hello

in first, sorry for my poor english, i'm a french guy... :-)

i see your lts like mine who i'm trying to rebuild
i need some photos of the rear suspension with all the items for fixing the elastomer to the frame

can you help me?

thanks
loic

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
hello

in first, sorry for my poor english, i'm a french guy... :-)

i see your lts like mine who i'm trying to rebuild
i need some photos of the rear suspension with all the items for fixing the elastomer to the frame

can you help me?

thanks
loic

I can't take any photos, Zarly, because the bike has been stolen!

As far as I remember the rear suspension was comparatively simple. I once bought him some replacement elastomers, and he managed to fit them without any trouble, despite being a beginner in terms of bike maintenance. Can't remember exactly where I got them but I think Mickle of this forum put me on the trail. Ask in the Know How section or send a private message to Mickle, who Knows A Lot.

Top Bottom